[3.1] hazard effects can trigger multiple times

thelee

Question

I've noticed this mostly with 3.1, don't know if this has happened before 3.1.

Normally not a big deal, and I suspect it's just the interrupt effect that's triggering multiple times (no large amounts of repeated damage for warding seal). It might even just be a display issue in the combat log. So ordinarily I would not have gone through the effort to create this bug.

That is, until this happened:

post-58316-0-28693300-1540761078_thumb.jpg

I cast this seal and it filled up my combat log with interrupts on this poor xaurip. I don't know if that xuarip was actually being interrupted that many times, but frankly I can't even verify it because I don't even see an associated attack roll from the repulsing seal attack, as I normally do. And this interrupt happened over a short span of time, because it's interspersed with some attack attempts from my characters (all within the span of a half second or so).

Anyway, I'm not sure how reproducible it is, but here's a dropbox link to a save and output_log: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kpkob7opdsg7o8a/AABdqntr7Pjbpbnd_-q5wpkMa?dl=0

4 answers to this question

Just as an update, when this happens it does trigger prone that many times. The repulsing seal appears to be attempting an interrupt continuously so long as the graphical effect is active.

Just now, did it on the drake on the island with the cavern of xaur tuk tuk. The repulsing steal triggered prone on the drake repeatedly, and in fact, the drake stayed on the ground, periodically attempting to get up before bouncing back down again, for very nearly the entire fight before I guess it finally exhausted all the prone effects it needed to go through.

I mean, it certainly makes repulsing seal amazing, but I doubt it's intended to trigger this much prone.

• Like 1

Happened again, this time I had the presence of mind to capture a video. pay attention to the combat log. (I believe I was only targeting 3 enemies despite the density of hte fight, so the fact that it's scrolling by real fast should be a huge clue as to how many interrupts are being attempted. And yes, they pretty much stayed prone until I killed them all.)

Another dropbox link to save and output_log: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2ihy3f3xbvawck2/AADrinnZUwxPHF1mCK-xogDYa?dl=0

Edited by thelee
  • Like 1