[3.1] Abydon's challenge - soulbound items needing repair can also be enchanted

thelee

Question

normally you can't access the enchant menu for soulbound items (with the exception of modwyr), but I just noticed a "loophole."

When doing Abydon's Challenge, your soulbound items can degrade and need repair. Clickin on the option to repair will open an enchant menu... and you can also enchant higher enchant levels! I didn't try it in case it would break my game, but I'm pretty sure this is not intentional.

post-58316-0-77621600-1540665609_thumb.jpg

On the plus side, there's a feature request to let us enchant superb soulbound weapons to legendary, and this seems to indicate it's not a systems limitation to enchanting soulbound weapon: maybe it's just a matter of flipping some bit after a soulbound weapon is fully unlocked.

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

Update: I just tried upgrading the enchantment level, and it's weird.

I do get the upgraded enchant, but then the option to repair it goes away. I'm guessing some bit gets flipped as soon as you do any enchantment, not just a repair. I reloaded my game, but I wonder if this ends up permanently rendering it unable to be repaired, because my Blightheart became a Superb weapon with Minor Damage that no longer had a repair option.