Non-obvious Things That Are Impossible to Mod

Thought you'd be able to mod something but couldn't? This is the post for you.  Who knows, maybe someone else figured out a way and can correct you!

• +skills, scaling via another skill (+1 to Stealth per each Bluff skill)
  • +duration for all abilities from you (Intelligence does this, but only Intelligence, and it has other bonuses attached)

I can't figure out at all how to make something happen when you miss an enemy. Someone suggested applying a status effect to an enemy that makes something happen when they miss you, which would be the same thing, but every experiment I've tried with it results in

-the thing that's meant to happen to them happens to me

-nothing happens, not even the attack that's meant to trigger the effect

-I take a ton of damage and die?????

I'm presumably just screwing something up, but I don't know how or why and don't really have time to keep experimenting with it. *shrug*

I can't figure out at all how to make something happen when you miss an enemy. Someone suggested applying a status effect to an enemy that makes something happen when they miss you, which would be the same thing, but every experiment I've tried with it results in

-the thing that's meant to happen to them happens to me

-nothing happens, not even the attack that's meant to trigger the effect

-I take a ton of damage and die?????

I'm presumably just screwing something up, but I don't know how or why and don't really have time to keep experimenting with it. *shrug*

The effect should happen on you when you miss an enemy?  That could be via ApplyStatusEffectOnEvent but I wouldn't know how to make it apply to an enemy

The effect should happen on you when you miss an enemy?  That could be via ApplyStatusEffectOnEvent but I wouldn't know how to make it apply to an enemy

ApplyStatusEffectToEnemyOnEvent (really ;)).

As far as I can tell, you cannot modify the pickpocket rules; making equipped weapons pickpocketable, for example at high Stealth / high Sleight of Hand.

You can modify the difficulty of pickpocketing character inventory items via SkillManagerGameData.ItemModifiers, but you're right, equipped items aren't available to be pickpocketed.

It's looking impossible to have any ability that requires targeting twice.  For instance, leaping to a location and applying beam damage from beginning of the leap towards the leap location.  You can't make a leap attack and link it to a beam attack.

Edit: Instead, you have to use an attack type of BeamTeleportAttackGameData, like the Fighter's Charge attack.

This means that AOE pulse attacks can follow a targetable ability, because it doesn't require extra targeting.

Edited by Grape_You_In_The_Mouth