Where you get morphed into a ironclad construct. It seems you can use nothing. Is that possible to do solo? Any ideas?

Yeah, this one was tough, but I was able to solo it on upscaled PotD with my Holy Slayer.

You get to keep your food benefits, benefits of drugs taken before the fight, your pet benefits, the benefits of passive class abilities/talents, and modal class abilities. So Holy Slayer (which has lots of passives, and a regenerating aura) is a good choice here. You don't benefit from any equipment, can't use any consumables, can't cast any spells or use any active class abilities, so spellcasters are screwed.

Here's how my fight went: I used Whiteleaf right before entering the arena, equipped a pet which heals you upon killing, ate the Honey Wine food, and had the Paladin's aura set to Exalted Endurance. Together, that allows you to regenerate a reasonable amount of health. When the fight started, I ran to the bottom of the screen, right to the left of the part of the platform that's fallen away, to limit how many of them could attack me at a time. Then I killed them off one by one, starting with the monk, then cipher, then running out to take out the rogue and then ranger, finishing off with the animal companion and fighter. (Again, the rogue's passives still work, which makes dishing out damage quickly a lot easier.) 

Edited by whimper
  • Like 1

Where you get morphed into a ironclad construct. It seems you can use nothing. Is that possible to do solo? Any ideas?

Yeah, this one was tough, but I was able to solo it on upscaled PotD with my Holy Slayer.

You get to keep your food benefits, benefits of drugs taken before the fight, your pet benefits, the benefits of passive class abilities/talents, and modal class abilities. So Holy Slayer (which has lots of passives, and a regenerating aura) is a good choice here. You don't benefit from any equipment, can't use any consumables, can't cast any spells or use any active class abilities, so spellcasters are screwed.

Here's how my fight went: I used Whiteleaf right before entering the arena, equipped a pet which heals you upon killing, ate the Honey Wine food, and had the Paladin's aura set to Exalted Endurance. Together, that allows you to regenerate a reasonable amount of health. When the fight started, I ran to the bottom of the screen, right to the left of the part of the platform that's fallen away, to limit how many of them could attack me at a time. Then I killed them off one by one, starting with the monk, then cipher, then running out to take out the rogue and then ranger, finishing off with the animal companion and fighter. (Again, the rogue's passives still work, which makes dishing out damage quickly a lot easier.) 

Hmm, does the skill system still work in this battle? So more alchemy, would provide more whitleaf heal.

Hmm, does the skill system still work in this battle? So more alchemy, would provide more whitleaf heal.

Happily, it does. :)

With max alchemy I was able to get 400+ seconds of Whiteleaf, which was enough to get me through the fight before it elapsed.

Tried it, does not work. I got 105 deflection and i die in a couple of seconds and deal nearly no damage at all. Wtf is this fight.

Tried it, does not work. I got 105 deflection and i die in a couple of seconds and deal nearly no damage at all. Wtf is this fight.

Huh. Well I just tried it again, and beat it on my second try. 

One thing is there's clearly some RNG here -- on my first try I kept getting hit and stunned, and was down to a quarter of my health before I reached the corner. I then got cornered by the Fighter, with the Monk and Cipher out of range. The second time I made it to the corner with most of my health, and got cornered by the Monk and Cipher, the ideal targets. Also some weird glitches regarding when Persistent Distraction kicks in; sometimes it would kick in, and sometimes not.

Anyway, as far as trying to find what the differences are, the most likely possibility is differences in stats and talents. Here's what I'm running with.

Streetfighter/Goldpact, level 20

Deflection in changed form: 113.4 (20 Holy Slayer, 57 Level, 14.4 Deep Faith, 16 Large Shield, 6 Weapon and Shield Style)

Stats in changed form: M 16, C 13, D 20, P 22, I 10, R 10

Passives showing up in changed form (omitting Berath's Blessings, food, drug and animal companion effects):

• Adept Evasion
  • Bear's Fortitude
  • Bull's Will
  • Deep Faith
  • Deep Wounds
  • Dirty Fighting
  • Divine Purpose
  • Exalted Endurance
  • Improved Critical
  • Persistent Distraction
  • Practiced Healer
  • Retribution
  • Riposte
  • Snake's Reflexes
  • Stoic Steel
  • Streetfighter
  • Uncanny Luck
  • Weapon and Shield Style

Anything on that list missing from the build you're running with? 

• Like 1

One thing is there's clearly some RNG here -- on my first try I kept getting hit and stunned, and was down to a quarter of my health before I reached the corner. I then got cornered by the Fighter, with the Monk and Cipher out of range. The second time I made it to the corner with most of my health, and got cornered by the Monk and Cipher, the ideal targets. Also some weird glitches regarding when Persistent Distraction kicks in; sometimes it would kick in, and sometimes not.

Anyway, as far as trying to find what the differences are, the most likely possibility is differences in stats and talents. Here's what I'm running with.

Deflection in changed form: 113.4 (20 Holy Slayer, 57 Level, 14.4 Deep Faith, 16 Large Shield, 6 Weapon and Shield Style)

Passives showing up in changed form (omitting Berath's Blessings, food, drug and animal companion effects):

• Adept Evasion
  • Bear's Fortitude
  • Bull's Will
  • Deep Faith
  • Deep Wounds
  • Dirty Fighting
  • Divine Purpose
  • Exalted Endurance
  • Improved Critical
  • Persistent Distraction
  • Practiced Healer
  • Retribution
  • Riposte
  • Snake's Reflexes
  • Stoic Steel
  • Streetfighter
  • Uncanny Luck

Yeah, i should have wrote that i play not with my holy slayer atm, i play with a thaumaturge and i don't get that nice passives. So i think, it is not possible with a caster class to do it, at least not on potd upscaled.

• Adept Evasion
  • Bear's Fortitude
  • Bull's Will
  • Deep Faith
  • Deep Wounds
  • Dirty Fighting
  • Divine Purpose
  • Exalted Endurance
  • Improved Critical
  • Persistent Distraction
  • Practiced Healer
  • Retribution
  • Riposte
  • Snake's Reflexes
  • Stoic Steel
  • Streetfighter
  • Uncanny Luck

Yeah, i should have wrote that i play not with my holy slayer atm, i play with a thaumaturge and i don't get that nice passives. So i think, it is not possible with a caster class to do it, at least not on potd upscaled.

Oh, yeah, casters are totally screwed. I tried this fight several times with my Sage build, but was never able to stay alive long enough to take down more than one of them... :(