Can't load from title screen after hotfix

ptarror

Question

I'm on the beta and the recent hotfix seemed to be working fine, but now that it's gone public, I can't load past the title screen. All audio is normal, but after the company names, the title screen has a TempTitle panel which is visible through the news panel as well as various in-game elements which are also showing up. When I click Load I can see my savegames, but when I load, it fades to black but then remains on the opening splash screen. The main menu UI is gone and the in-game UI is still visible. Most of the non-action buttons are greyed out, but I can click the Options icon and bring that up normally, except I still can't load anything else or quit back to the main menu.

Screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/z8UChFf

3 answers to this question

Hello Ptarror,

I'm sorry you're running into this UI issue.  I recommend deleting your system preferences.  I will list the way to do this below.  This is considering you have a Windows machine.  If not, please let me know and we will get you different steps to get you back into the Deadfire.

1. Press the Windows button on your keyboard and type "run".
Desktop-Screenshot-2018-09-04--13-40-59-

2. Click the Program to open the Run program.

3. Type "regedit" into the Run program and press OK.
Desktop-Screenshot-2018-09-04--13-41-22-

4. Find the game folder location from the list of folders on the left.(Your location may be different from mine)
Desktop-Screenshot-2018-09-04--13-41-35-

5. Delete the Pillars of Eternity II folder.

After doing this, the game should default everything to basic settings. When Deadfire runs again, the folder will repopulate itself with the new default settings, so no need to worry about having deleted the folder.

Please let me know how this works for you regardless of if it works or not!

Thanks, and sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Appreciate the reply.

I tried this, but no luck. I've also noticed that the TempTitle panel and UI elements didn't show up after I restarted my PC, but after loading any save they did, even after quitting the game and opening it up again. Restarting the PC again and trying to reload another save or start a new game resulted in the same thing. I even tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it, same thing.

Hey Ptarror,

I'm sorry to hear you're still having the issue.  Would you be able to send us a copy of the output_log.txt file and your System Specifications so we can try to glean more information to help fix this?  If needed, you can find instructions on how to obtain these here.  If the forum doesn't allow you to attach them here, you can send them to me at support@obsidian.net with your forum ID and a link to this thread as a reference.

Thanks Ptarror.

• Like 1