Are full attacks when done with two weapons still calculate recovery based on off-hand or main hand?

What happens with fire arms (guns)? Are both guns have to be reloaded after making a full attack or just one? which one? off-hand or main hand. 

I ask because I have a shadowdancer streetfighter here using firearms and blunderbuss modal. 

Right now I am using Fire in the Hole mainhand and Scordeo's Trophy off-hand with both blunderbuss and pistol modals on. Is that the correct setup to minimize reloading between full attacks? Or should it be opposite (swap the main and off hand weapons - the pistol is faster reload with modal should it be in offhand as right now or in main hand).?

I was considering to change Scordeo's for Xefa's to run Fire in the Hole+Xefa's. you think that is better dps than right now? (I would not do it if my reload is sped up by the pistol modal on). 

By the way said Shadowdancer is currently doing the most damage in my party though that may change at higher levels once my spellcasters get aoe spell nukes.

Streetfighter/Helwalker

Equipment

-Fire in the hole (main), Scordeo's Trophy (off)

-Miscreants Leathers

-Thoas Headdress

-Gwyn's Bridal Garter

-Slippers of the Assassin

-Mortification Binfings

-Orishia

-Ring of the Marksman

Buff up with monk bonuses/ spam rogue full attacks and stunning surge

Edited by 1TTFFSSE

Are full attacks when done with two weapons still calculate recovery based on off-hand or main hand?

What happens with fire arms (guns)? Are both guns have to be reloaded after making a full attack or just one? which one? off-hand or main hand.

Full attacks calculate recovery based off of both weapons, after the full attack (reloading off of each weapon hit, unless it's a full attack ability). Reload replaces recovery and is longer.

This will probably be a useful read to you. 

Right now I am using Fire in the Hole mainhand and Scordeo's Trophy off-hand with both blunderbuss and pistol modals on. Is that the correct setup to minimize reloading between full attacks? Or should it be opposite (swap the main and off hand weapons - the pistol is faster reload with modal should it be in offhand as right now or in main hand).?

I believe Scordeo's Trophy would be better in mainhand to utilize Opening Barrage and get -5% Recovery (affects reload) if you ever use abilities that are primary attack only. Because Full Attack Abillities only use mainhand reload, having scordeo (which would have a quicker reload phase with the modal) would mean faster attacks. 

I'm not sure what the difference in damage would be vs Xefa's Empirical Explication. 

I was considering to change Scordeo's for Xefa's to run Fire in the Hole+Xefa's. you think that is better dps than right now? (I would not do it if my reload is sped up by the pistol modal on). 

The Pistol Modal I think only affects the speed of reloading the pistol, not the blunderbuss. 

I believe it looks something like this:

[Pistol Attack 1] -> [Blunderbuss Attack 1] -> [Pistol Reload] -> [Pistol Attack 2] -> [Blunderbuss Reload] -> [Blunderbuss Attack 2] -> [Pistol Reload]

It would then repeat from "Pistol Attack 2" onwards.

It is not:

[Pistol Attack] -> [Blunderbuss Attack] -> [Pistol AND Blunderbuss Reload]

So instead of affecting both variables, it would only affect the pistol. Pistols have a reload time of 5s, as do blunderbusses. Below would be the outcome of -5% reload globally, plus the -50% from rushed reload:

Pistol Reload = [(5s-50%)-5%], Blunderbuss Reload = [5s-5%]

Pistol Reload = [2.5s-5%], Blunderbuss Reload = [5s-5%]

Pistol Reload = [2.375s], Blunderbuss Reload = [4.75s]

[Pistol Attack 1] -> [Blunderbuss Attack 1] -> [Pistol Reload 2.375s] -> [Pistol Attack 2] -> [Blunderbuss Reload 4.75s] -> [Blunderbuss Attack 2] -> [Pistol Reload 2.375s] -> Repeat from "Pistol Attack 2"

At least, that's my understanding of it.  Also, obviously the above is simplified and doesn't take into account armor penalties, or bonuses from other pieces of gear, or bonuses from other abilities.

Edit: Clarification

Edited by Prince of Lies

Also wanted to point out that if you use full-attack abilities the reload cycle is different:

[Full Attack Ability] -> [Mainhand Reload] -> [Full Attack Ability] -> [Mainhand Reload] -> Repeat

With my previous formula it would look like:

[Full Attack Ability] -> [Pistol Reload 2.375s] -> [Full Attack Ability] -> [Pistol Reload 2.375s] -> Repeat

Also wanted to point out that if you use full-attack abilities the reload cycle is different:

[Full Attack Ability] -> [Mainhand Reload] -> [Full Attack Ability] -> [Mainhand Reload] -> Repeat

[Full Attack Ability] -> [Pistol Reload 2.375s] -> [Full Attack Ability] -> [Pistol Reload 2.375s] -> Repeat

Yeah I figured as much thanks! Basically pistol modal on and pistol in mainhand+ blunderbuss offhand is the best dps on a shadowdancer streetfighter, as you chain stunning surge pretty fast. 

Yeah I figured as much thanks! Basically pistol modal on and pistol in mainhand+ blunderbuss offhand is the best dps on a shadowdancer streetfighter, as you chain stunning surge pretty fast. 

Pistol and blunderbuss have different range. Wouldn't that come into conflict, if you dual wield? For instance, if your initial pistol target is 8 meters away, then you'd have to walk forward to hit the same target with the blunderbuss. I am imagining you'd waste some time walking to and fro from targets. But I have no experience dual wielding different distance weapons.

I don't know for sure in terms of overall damage- but it's definitely faster attack speed.

Pistol and blunderbuss have different range. Wouldn't that come into conflict, if you dual wield? For instance, if your initial pistol target is 8 meters away, then you'd have to walk forward to hit the same target with the blunderbuss. I am imagining you'd waste some time walking to and fro from targets. But I have no experience dual wielding different distance weapons.

For auto-attacking, you go in range for your mainhand, fire, then get in range with your offhand, fire.

For full-attack abilities, range is determined only by your mainhand.

While with closing the distance it might seem it would have an effect on DPS, I imagine the time is negligible because you would either: fire, move, fire or move, fire, fire. In both instances you still have to move the same amount. 

• Like 1

I don't know for sure in terms of overall damage- but it's definitely faster attack speed.

For full-attack abilities, range is determined only by your mainhand.

I was not aware - thanks!