When is this changed? I know in Deadfire INT doesn't increase radius of AOE, but real AOE size, so this change is to make INT more consistent with the PoE 1 version. Good they buff INT, but also means ring of oversee that +10% AOE only equals to +1 INT, same as Aloth's leather armor, which equals to 1.5 INT :) I think Obs forget to change these +% AOE gears to make them match +INT ones...

Also Monk with Duality of Mortal Presence provides pretty decent AOE bonus now. Good for any caster hybrid builds!

Edited by dunehunter

Wasn't this the case since release?

I remember a beta backer discussion around the change from PoE's "increasing radius by 6% per point of INT" to Deadfire beta's "increasing area by 6% per point of INT". Because increasing area is much weaker than radius. Then Andy Aartz answered yah they will tweak the numbers to a higher gain per point. They couldn't go past 10% (or 11%) because then you would end up with negative AoE at 1 INT.

So I guess it was always 10% from release?

Overseeing added base AoE in PoE. Is it simply working like INT now or is it still adding base area? Didn't check that.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Wasn't this the case since release?

I remember a beta backer discussion around the change from PoE's "increasing radius by 6% per point of INT" to Deadfire beta's "increasing area by 6% per point of INT". Because increasing area is much weaker than radius. Then Andy Aartz answered yah they will tweak the numbers to a higher gain per point. They couldn't go past 10% (or 11%) because then you would end up with negative AoE at 1 INT.

So I guess it was always 10% from release?

Overseeing added base AoE in PoE. Is it simply working like INT now or is it still adding base area? Didn't check that.

Ah I see, yeah I thought they were still 5% like they were in PoE 1, anyway just think these +% aoe gears not worth it unless u cannot find +INT ones.