How to increase Spiritshifting Usage per level?

At first i thought that one would be easy using

"LevelScaling":{"BaseLevel":1,"LevelIncrement":3,"MaxLevel":0,"ChangeFormAdjustment":1}

in the Bear_Shifter_ability table. But it does not work. Maybe the Adjustment is wrong? Or the File?

Thanks for your help! ;)

EDIT: "PowerLevelScaling":{"ScalingType":"Default","UsageAdjustment":1} is also not working

Edited by Harpagornis

This is something should be set in the generic ability level scaling, but there isn't a field like "UsageAdjustment".

I would request to add this field in the topic for the suggestions and wait for a response if is possible.

Would be a huge addition for anyone, pretty useful I'd say.

Anyway the workaround I should pick is to change the progression table and autogrant every 4/5 level the updated shapeshift form with the updated shapeshift ability driven by conditionals and prereq.

It's time consuming, you should create 4/5 ability for each form and only change the per encounter count.

Edited by mammasaura
  • Like 2

CzSyX91.jpg

I build a new Bear with unique ID in the PT for level 4 (also filling Remove and RequiresAbility).

Then i created a Bear_Shifter_Ability file with 2 ability uses per encounter.

When now starting the game the following happens:

1. The new Level-4-Bear is shown in level-up-screen

2. He gets a new icon in the Shapeshifting UI

Problem is: The old bear icon is still there even though it now does nothing.

I used VisibilityConditions (and others) to get rid of it but failed...

Which tables have to be reworked to remove the old icon? PT? PT + Ability? Another one? Which PreRequisite should be used?

Thanks for your help! ;)

Edited by Harpagornis

After hours of trying i finally found a solution:

In the PT i used the following Conditionals for the Level 0 Bear:

{"$type":"OEIFormats.FlowCharts.ConditionalCall, OEIFormats","Data":{"FullName":"Boolean IsLevel(Guid, Operator, Int32)","Parameters":["b1a8e901-0000-0000-0000-000000000000","GreaterThanOrEqualTo","4"],"Flags":"","UnrealCall":"","FunctionHash":1231916529,"ParameterHash":-121159574},"Not":true,"Operator":0},{"$type":"OEIFormats.FlowCharts.ConditionalCall, OEIFormats","Data":{"FullName":"Boolean ProgressionTableIsSubclass(Guid)","Parameters":["65eddbbd-8489-46ff-a2b7-56c954c61198"],"Flags":"","UnrealCall":"","FunctionHash":1231916529,"ParameterHash":-121159574},"Not":false,"Operator":0}

Many more Forms to create!!! :yes:

The problem with this approach is that you have to split the shapeshifting done by any druid and by a shifter, they have different abilities for each creature, maybe, that's why you have double icons in the modal ui, you're removing the wrong ability (it's a guess).

I should wait the response by BMac and then evaluate if it is worth to wait the implementation of that field or find another solution.

Visibility in the preview level I think it's tricky because I remember that when I tried to autogrant abilities while hiding them in the preview ui, the autogrant didn't work, they have to be seen.

Anyway if you want to force the visibility you can use the conditional alwaysTrue / alwaysFalse.

CzSyX91.jpg

Maybe there's a better solution, autogrant at each x level a passive talent with an ability that has a status effect.

The status effect has duration infinite and of type: SpellCastBonus.

You need the id class, then set the value number for the bonus cast.

In the field of "extra value" put the level number of the abilities you want to give the bonus.

All the shapeshift abilities are level ability 0 so put 0 in extra value.

This a better solution, if it works :D

CzSyX91.jpg

Brilliant idea @mammasaura!!!

I created all files needed and indeed the ability pops up in level screen: +1 for level 0 spells. Great!

But then i looked at the spiritshift forms. Still at 1 usage. Looks like spiritshifting is not counted as a spell...

Is there an AbilityBonus status effect? Lets see...

Oh yeah it's because the spiritshift abilities have the UsageType "PerEncounter" instead of "Spell".

Try to change it to spell and see how works out of curiosity, but I wouldn't change it into spell because don't know how it behaves vs dispel or spells like that.

Sadly I'm out of ideas, don't see any other status type can help the cause.

Edited by mammasaura

CzSyX91.jpg