Let's talk Battlefield...

Katphood

So I am playing Battlefield 3 right now and I am very impressed at how mature the SP campaign is. It's not 'in your face' and characters only talk if they have to.

In comparison, the characters in the Batllefield 4 SP campaign act like a bunch of 12 year olds that are fighting over a candy bar. Multiplayer was still pretty solid in Battlefield 4 though.

I have to add that one thing that makes Battlefield 3 a whole lot more enjoyable is the awesome soundtrack. It's like a drone/electronic mix of the old Battlefield songs.

Question: did any of you play Battlefield Hardline or Battlefield 1? Any impressions?

I personally did not like the tone in Battlefield 1(judging buy the gameplay videos, never played it) but it's free on EA Access so I might as well give it a try, same goes for BF Hardline.

Edit: inb4 'when was BF about single-player! :p trolololol'

Edited by Katphood
  • Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I'm inb4 the "This is an rpg forum, we don't like First Person Shooters because it's cool to hate Call Of Duty and Battlefield, especially because I'm an rpg gamer. Also I'm too old to keep up with that crap!" usual response from members on the forum ;)

Battlefield 3 was indeed a good game, though the last game I bought was BF1942 which you could play with bots, I did get a chance to play BF3's single player campaign on PS3. I liked what I played, the variety of levels and gameplay mechanics is a great example of why FPS is still the most successful genre. Additionally, it reminded me of Rainbow 6: Vegas 2 for some reason, which I loved.

I never played BF1 or Hardline though.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Edit: inb4 'when was BF about single-player! :p trolololol'

I remember one of my earliest posts on the Black Isle forums was whether it was worth buying Battlefield 1942 for single player. The answers were mixed, I did end up buying it in the end. Wasn't a complete waste of money, but probably didn't get proper value out of it either.

Haven't bought a Battlefield game since.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I want them to make a new Battlefield with single player only. I think it would be nice.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

• 1 month later...