Cap of the Laughingstock Bug

whimper

Question

EDIT: As Boeroer helpfully points out below, this does not appear to be a bug. Developers, please ignore!

The Village Fool condition, gotten from wearing the Cap of the Laughingstock (from the Deck of Many Things), doesn't impose the deflection penalty of the Village Fool condition on the character wearing the cap (though it does impose the deflection penalty of the Village Fool condition on those around the character).

I don't mind this (it makes the Cap of the Laughingstock an amazingly good item), but it's presumably a bug.

Edited by whimper
  • Like 1

3 answers to this question

That's not a bug. At least I don't think so because it behaves like the description says. The Cap of the Laughing Stock does -10 deflection to allies and enemies alike. It doesn't affect the wearer - and I can't see that it is supposed to in the description.

Perfect solo item. :)

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 3

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

That's not a bug. At least I don't think so because it behaves like the description says. The Cap of the Laughing Stock does -10 deflection to allies and enemies alike. It doesn't affect the wearer - and I can't see that it is supposed to in the description.

Perfect solo item. :)

Whoops, I think you're right.

I could swear that both you and your opponents got the Village Fool condition, which states that you're immune to Resolve conditions and get a -10 deflection penalty. But when I just checked again, the character sheet of the character wearing the item doesn't list the Village Fool condition after all.

My bad! Is there a way to close/delete this bug report?