Main character (literally) destroyed, game stuck in limbo.

jepeman

Question

So heres a weird random bug.

Was fighting Zulka the fampyr in The Pickled Eel, managed to kill her and all the enemies, half the party was still dominated. After waiting for a bit, my main character was the last to be dominated, combat ends, my character explodes, in chat log I get

Damien (my main character) has left the party.

Damien destroyed Damien!

I could still walk around and seemingly play normally, except game didn't let me save the game, in fact it just said no active playthrough existed when I went to save menu. I wanted to make a new save with the bug to send as attachment. So all I could do is take a couple screenshots of the chat log. Thankfully I could just load an earlier save game, just have to do that annoying fight again. Didn't think of trying to trigger autosave, then again didn't want to risk somehow destroying my playthrough.

Last thing my character did was activate escape and then start casting Smoke Veil.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/2479683345867184347/3FCA053B0B86D901B29B2B87ECC7558DF0530457/

Damien destroyed Damien!

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/2479683345867184193/F68B873D3F01E767D70B999F95F98A5D28C45C28/

Probably won't help track this weird random bug, but thought Id share this bizarre occurrence.

1 answer to this question

Hello Jepeman,

That is a very odd bug indeed and I'm sorry you had to redo the fight due to that.  I definitely want to get a bug in for this and was hoping that you might have a save file from before this occurred that we might be able to use to test along side our own saves.  If you don't it's no big deal as we will test this anyway.  If you do have one, you can either provide a link to your files via Dropbox or you may attach them to an email for us at support@obsidian.net. If you do email us, please link this post and mention your forum username so that we may identify you easily.

Thanks for the help Jepeman!