So im trying to breath some life back into the game for myself but cant seem to get into it. I soloed the game with a beserker/kind wayfarer on potd. Ive been playimg alot with evoker/kindwayfarer but my ultimate battlemage idea keeps failing to penetrate enemy dr. Basically ending up as a tank that charges in and then hits archers and weak enemies at range with bolts.

So im tryimg something new. Im gonna role play a the wiscracking embodiment of chaos. He means well but rules just are not his style. I want a character that just destroys everyone's carefully laid plans and then moves in for the kill.

Im torn between devoted/ trixter, devoted/illusionist, ascendant/illusionist, ascendent/trixter, streetfighter/illusionist, or maybe beguiler/trixter.

The last would probably shut down enemies better then anyone but casting time on cyper abilities seems to tske forever. Street fighter/illusionist would synergize well but that slow action speed untill surrounded gets annoying as heck. I tried a goldpack/trixter and it absolutelt kicked ass but doesnt fit what im going for. Looking for inspiration guys. Chaotic mayhem and dps are the goals.

Barbarian (no subclass or Berzerker) provides both - lots of action speed buffs, increased PEN and hit to crit if you go Berzerker, and an AoE terrify(chaotic mayhem)+stagger+frost nuke in the form of Spirit Frenzy. Then pair it with another class of your liking to supplement your defenses/single target/both.