Melee Ranger for Pillars I - Looking for advice and tips

Hei!

I've been playing Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Edition lately and sort of fell in love with the Ranger class in the game, being a "wilderness warrior" with an Animal Companion and a bit of magic thrown in. I've decided I want to try something like that for my Watcher as I go through Pillars I and II, before taking on the Beast of Winter (Beastmaster in Pillars II).

For this thread, I was hoping for some feedback on what would be a decent (doesn't need to be min/maxed) melee Ranger for Hard. I'm going to be playing as an Aedyran Human Mercenary for roleplaying reasons, so my racial and cultural modifiers are set in stone. I'd prefer 2-handed weapons over dual wielding, if possible.

What I'm looking for is suggestions on:

- Attributes

- Talents

- Class abilities

- Animal Companion

- Equipment

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/83435-class-build-riptide-the-pit-fright-dps-offtank-melee-ranger-double-team-supreme/

Check this out for some basic ideas how to build an effective melee ranger. Some minor things might have changed (now higher level cap), but the basic stuff (wounding weapon + auto-heal for the pet and some dmg boosts for the ranger) still apply 100%.

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods