The Messenger

aphie

Question

trying to figure out what i'm supposed to do with The Messenger. 

i've tried talking to him but he just goes into attack mode

i've tried killing him but the steam achievement doesn't pop up and the quest doesn't advance?

help?

6 answers to this question

i've tried killing him but the steam achievement doesn't pop up and the quest doesn't advance?

help?

Did you kill the creatures that pop up during the fight as well?  Every hostile critter needs to die for the quest to advance, including the ones that join in as The Messenger gets to Hurt/Bloodied/Near Death.

help?

Did you kill the creatures that pop up during the fight as well?  Every hostile critter needs to die for the quest to advance, including the ones that join in as The Messenger gets to Hurt/Bloodied/Near Death.

yup - ima keep trying. apparently there's a cutscene?  maybe multiple times will be the charm :(

Hi aphie,

Could you please send us your save file so that we may investigate this issue more thoroughly? Also, we'd like to know what difficulty you are playing on.

Thanks!

i went exploring thinking maybe if i levelled up a bit it would work - let me just go back and try again, if it still doesn't work where do i send my save file to?

well, i think i figured it out - with a mod i've got i'm killing The Messenger too quickly so I'm going to try disabling that mod, running around levelling up, then try again

jlee do you still want me to send the save files?