POE II Resetting Computer

Kyleel

Question

Hi,

Pillars of Eternity will cause my computer to hard reset often in combat. Seems worse on some maps. The computer is new and high-end. I've played other games to completion without these issues. Here are the main system components:

Intel Core i9-7980XE 18core 2.6ghz

Asus Prime X299-Deluxe ATX w/RGB Crossfire SLI

Thermalake Liquid cooling

32gb Kingston DDR4-3200 HyperX Predator Ram

nVidia GeForce GTX 1080ti 11gb GDDR5x

Phanteks GTX 1080ti GPU Water-block

512gb Samsung 960 Pro SSD

3tb addtional hdd

Atng 1000watt 80 plus gold power supply

Windows 10 Professional

All put together by CyberPower PC

I've seen other people have this issue as well, and I know this system is high enough end to run top games on the highest settings so I'm not sure what the problem is. Also I tried turning off automatic restarts on windows but that doesn't lead to a blue screen nor is there anything in the system log about the reset.

2 answers to this question

I've seen other people have this issue as well

Good luck, friend :(

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Hi Kyleel,

In order for us to investigate your issue further, we'll need you to provide us with your output log generated after your computer crash occurs. Also, could you let us know if there is a place in the game where you consistently experience this crash? And could you try reproducing this crash on our latest beta patch build v2.0.0.0017?

Beta Patch: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/98360-beta-branch-access-steam-gog-galaxy/

Output log: \Steam\steamapps\common\Pillars of Eternity II\PillarsOfEternityII_Data

In the meantime, I suggest lowering your graphics resolution and playing in Windowed mode which can be set in the in-game Graphics menu. 

Thanks!