Class Combinations for a "Magic Gunner"?

So, I've had the idea floating around in my head for a while of a character that's an assassin for one of the major factions focusing on gunplay and spellcasting. I like the idea of, at least in my headcanon, a proper hybridization of the two - say, a Wizard who loads his gun with special Fireball or Shadowflame bullets or, in my case, a Cipher that uses guns as a conduit for Soul Whip as well as for "firing" spells like Disintegrate and Ringleader. 

Obviously this in no way reflects how the game actually works, but it's how I like to see things. I'm hoping the next few expansions will give us weapons like some of the Soulbound gear in PoE1 that has "Spellchance" associated with it - a chance to cast a particular spell on hit or crit. Until then, I have to just settle for a hybrid of ranged weapon damage and spellcasting. 

I wanted to share what I've come up with as a good class combination for this type of character, and then hear your ideas.

1. Transcendent (Ascendant/Helwalker): My main pick for roleplay reasons because I really like how Monk and Cipher synergize in terms of class lore. They both center around manipulating souls, with the Monk undergoing mortification of the body to strengthen his soul against entropy and the Cipher harnessing the essences of their allies and enemies to potent effect. Cipher also has the most direct link to the weapon damage of the martial class through Soul Whip, which feeds off of the damage done by the Cipher to their target. 

2. Mindstalker (Ascendant/No-Subclass Rogue): My second pick. From a roleplay perspective, it suits the kind of assassin character I'm going for quite well, but so does Monk. Rogue might be a better option from a DPS perspective, but I feel like the necessity for pumping out weapon damage to take advantage of Sneak Attack takes away some from the Cipher's toolkit. When I look at a multiclass, I look for synergies between the two from both a gameplay and storytelling perspective. 

I'm curious to hear some other thoughts on this. 

Cipher /chanter or cipher/wizard (instead of spells, you mostly use firearms to gain focus, spellsling cipher spells, then spellsling wizard/chanter spells, then use weapons of choice, rinse and repeat).

Edited by Melusina