[1.2] Holy Slayer: No Sneak Attack/Backstab with Shadowing Beyond + Shared Flames

fahnsen

Question

Hello everyone,

I'm playing a Holy Slayer (Goldpact Knight/no Rogue subclass) and I noticed the following bug. When you become invisible using Shadowing Beyond and then attack with Shared Flames, the extra damage from Sneak Attack and Backstab is not applied.

Notes:

- Sneak Attack/Backstab damage is correctly applied when using Shared Flames out of regular stealth or Smoke Veil

- Flames of Devotion and Eternal Devotion appear to work with Shadowing Beyond

- I was using melee weapons (Watcher's Blade and Whispers of the Endless Paths)

- my targets (random Neketaka guards) had no afflictions and were not flanked

I hope you can reproduce the bug under "lab conditions". Unfortunately, I don't have the save file any more.

Best regards,

fahnsen

2 answers to this question

Hi fahnsen,

I've added your issue to our database for our developers to investigate, however I am going to need to request that you produce a save file for us to use to test with your character build. I understand that you do not have the file anymore as you say, but I'd like for you to try reproducing this issue on our latest v1.2.2 beta branch and provide us a save file with this occurring.

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/98360-beta-branch-access-steam-gog-galaxy/

Thanks!

• Like 1

I threw together a little test scenario. I hope it helps. The game version is v1.2.2.0033 LAXABCE -steam.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xyewskdfq81r55n/SharedFlamesBackstabBug.zip?dl=0

Level up the Watcher to level 10 and pick up "Shadowing Beyond" and either "Shared Flames" or something else if you'd like to test the other Flames of Devotion versions.The Watcher also knows "Smoke Veil" for comparison.

Thanks for investigating.