The Red Hand bug/s

thundercleese

Question

Just noticed a couple things with The Red Hand on my current playthrough.

The Double Tap upgrade works on skeletons, despite them being immune to pierce. Think this may be intended as the description doesn't specify damage needs to be dealt, just two consecutive hits.

Secondly, the No Rest for the Wicked (and presumably its upgrades) will not only remain active after a weapon switch (probably intended), but will then start a fresh stack after switching back, without removing the initial stack, as shown in the attached. This could lead to some ludicrous damage buffs, and also to your character being 1 shot, depending on which upgrade you choose. Worth noting that I actually removed the weapon to my inventory, then reequipped it rather than a standard weapon swap.

post-95893-0-58882100-1531811853_thumb.png

6 answers to this question

So just a quick update.

I swapped to melee weapon during a battle, then when I swapped back a third stack began accumulating on the next kill. So looks like my last sentence above is irrelevant.

Also would be good to have a bit more clarity on what constitutes a "lower level Vessel". From my run through the Undercity (level 9 party, PotD upscaled) it would appear there is a list of Vessels it works against, and those it doesn't. At first I thought it was based on the base level compared to yours (as the wording suggests), as it was working against skeleton warriors/sorcerers/etc. (base level 5), and rotghasts and pestilent rotghasts (base level 4), but not against the risen skeletons nor rotghast ravagers/slingers (all base level 10). But then it also seemed to not work on darguls (base level 7), which leads me to believe that level actually has nothing to do with it. If this is the case, I would suggest the wording be changed to something like "destroys lesser Vessels on second consecutive hit".

Edit: So just cleared the Island to the east of Neketaka, and was destroying not only the Darguls there, but also the Fampyrs and Ogre Revenants. Maybe I just wasn't getting consecutive shots to land in the Undercity. Or maybe it doesn't consider a crit as a hit? Either way this enchant is really strong, trivialises undead encounters. Even works on constructs as they are considered Vessels.

Edited by thundercleese

Hi thundercleese,

I've added your issue about The Red Hand's enchantments to our database for our developers to investigate. In the meantime, could you please provide us with your save file so that we may look into the issue with your character build?

Thanks!

Hi jlee,

Thanks, I'll upload two saves. I don't have a save from the time the above screenshot was taken, as I mainly use quicksaves, but I'll upload the most recent save from that playthrough. I have since upgraded it to superb and when I tried to reproduce the double stacking attacking guards in Tikawara it didn't work. I only have 4 stacks currently though so I'll go kill some more things and try again.

Second save is from another playthrough when I decided to test some things for this playthrough. You will need to purchase the Twin Slugs enchant, for which I have the materials. I was testing on the pack of Xauripts to the west of Neketaka; first shot would knock it out of range, I would run forward to take second shot and it would knock it back again.

Regarding the vessel destruction; I believe it is working as intended, just that the term "lower level" may be a bit misleading.

File is too large for me to upload normally, so here's an external link for it

http://www.mediafire.com/file/2lh5w53q82g0x4h/The_Red_Hand.zip/file

Edit: Forgot to mention; Tigger is the save with the Double Tap enchant, and it's being used my Maia. Ellesime is the save where I was testing it on a Hired Adventurer and took the Twin Slugs enchant. This one is extremely easy to reproduce. It was also knocking back two Xauripts with every shot. Probably because I have driving flight, so probably working as intended. Will update once/if I manage to reproduce the multiple stacking.

Edited by thundercleese

The Red Hand's twin slugs is still bugged in that it'll knockback regardless of range or if the enemy is immune or not.

Any chance to make that enchant be a modal/toggle/ability, like some other weapon enchants are, like Eccea's Arcane Blaster's Imbued Ammunition ability/modal?

I sadly added the twin slugs enchant and already overwrote my saves from before doing it. I enchanted it and then did a bunch of sailing/exploration and noncombat stuff and thus overwrote all my manual saves, autosaves and quicksaves before a fight with the bugged enchant. The weapon went from amazing to annoying/semiuseless.