So I wanted to test which talents apply to the wizard Blast talent and Kalakoth's Minor Blights, and which don't. In the process, I noticed some really, really wonky things going on with accuracy (especially of Blast) that I thought I'd share. I examined the accuracy of 6 types of attack events: Scepter primary attack, Blast caused by Scepter, Blights primary attack, Blights AOE, Blast caused by Blights primary attack, Blast caused by Blights AOE. My conclusions are as follows (brackets are my thoughts on whether the behavior is a bug or intentional):
1) Blast inherits the weapons accuracy bonus of the fine scepter and Stenes (+4 or +21 respectively), but not of the wand conjured by the Blights spell*. [seems like an oversight]
2) Blast is ALWAYS affected by Aloth's Distant Advantage racial, as are all attacks that can proc it. Yet it is NEVER affected by the marksman talent, even though all attacks that proc it are. [given the inconsistency, I suspect a bug]
3) Blast is affected by Weapon Focus if, and only if, the attack that procced it is. [seems logical for it to inherit the traits of the proccing attack]
4) When using Blights, the primary hit benefits from weapon focus, but the AOE does not. [might be intended]
5) Under all circumstances, Blast gets an accuracy bonus equal to Aloth's level above and beyond the usual +3 acc / level. Yes, this means that when using a scepter, Blast is more accurate then the attack that procced it. [This one is really mysterious. I haven't been able to find the source of the bonus anywhere. If it is intentional for it to get extra acc, Blast's talent description should reflect that]
6) Not really acc related, but I noticed that sometimes after casting Blights, Aloths first attack will do slash damage. It would appear that the first attack still uses the weapon he had before casting blights (seems like an obvious bug).
*Haven't tested it with The Lady's Hand below 50% endurance, might be interesting.
My methodology was nothing fancy - I simply reset Aloth to level 1, then specced him as needed for my tests and then picked a fight with Abrecan Doemenel and his goons over and over. I tried both a generic fine scepter and Gyrd Haewanes Stenes, but there didn't seem to be any difference. I can go into more detail if anyones interested.
I'm a bit uncertain whether this should go into the tech support forum, as I'm not sure if these behaviors are bugs or not. And if they are, it's unlikely for them to get patched at this point anyway. But I thought you'all might still be interested.