[Announce] New Wizard Subclasses

I made a mod with 4 new wizard subclasses (that don't have any school lock-outs), each focusing on a different playstyle. You can find the details in the mod page: https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/135

I would love to hear feedback from you guys about the subclass design/balance as I didn't have a lot of time to playtest all of them. Also, I need advice form modders/devs why some of the abilities don't seem to work as expected, such as:

- Chill Fog AoE doesn't seem to be affected by the AoE Multiplier status effect

- Cast speed reduction seems to have diminishing returns? Seems like the bonus reduction isn't as effective as the numbers suggest

- Beneficial status effect duration multiplier doesn't seem to work when I set it to apply to say, Enchanting keyword abilities

Edited by GravitonGamer
  • Like 2

Another guy shared this, I think it looks great. Is it possibe to give the subclasses a free auto-learn spell at each power level? Like Duids, Priests, Trickster, and Storm Speaker? Imo wizards could use that or an active ability.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Wizards already have grimoires with unique spells and these new subclasses don't have any spell school restrictions. I don't see the need to give them more free spells when they can only cast two per power level. (Besides, they need to spend their ability points on something.)

Edited by GravitonGamer

I just want wizards to get something that makes up for Druids and Priests getting an active ability and a free spell per power level. Grimoires make up for half of that, and I think that the free spell or something like arcane assault in PoE is needed.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Spellslinger is crazy powerful, huh? I think it will be a fan favorite.

You could introduce a new subclasse Silent Caster, with all spells and abilities with zero noise. This could be pretty interesting.