Lethandria's Devotion (Shield) Bug or Typo

Gary1986

Question

11 answers to this question

It is implied.

You are missing the point of this thread. Read the description in the screenshot. It basically claims that it "procs confused on crit, unless it's a crit in which it will proc charmed". It makes no sense, that's why I'm asking if it's a bug or a typo.

It is implied.

You are missing the point of this thread. Read the description in the screenshot. It basically claims that it "procs confused on crit, unless it's a crit in which it will proc charmed". It makes no sense, that's why I'm asking if it's a bug or a typo.

I did not miss the point.

This was what the description means/implies

1. Enemies attacks wearer of said shield

2. The shield will trigger a counter on the attacker of the shield wielder as a attack which will cause confusion on the attacker

3. The "confusion" counter attack does not land automatically but is roll against the defence of the attacker (should be Will in this case, but should check the log to be sure)

4. If the confusion counter rolls a hit or graze, the attacker will receive the Confusion status

5. If the confusion counter rolls a crit, the attacker will be charmed

Edited by mosspit
  • Like 1

It is implied.

2. The shield will trigger a counter on the attacker of the shield wielder as a attack which will cause confusion on the attacker

3. The "confusion" counter attack does not land automatically but is roll against the defence of the attacker (should be Will in this case, but should check the log to be sure)

4. If the confusion counter rolls a hit or graze, the attacker will receive the Confusion status

Yep ,you're alright but that it's really hard to understand...

A lot of status effects haven't a correct sintax and the whole bug forum is filled with plenty of these misunderstanding.

So i believe that a better form could help to understand, then  the O.P. have a good reason to be here.

Cloak of Death is a clear example of that

Edited by kilay
  • Like 1

So just a slighty change like this one could clear a little

(Upgraded to Charmed on Crit with Confuse attack)

Sure, description can always be better. However, OP did not consider that that the confusion counter has a hit resolution from what he stated. And that was what I was trying to explain.

Neither me before reading your  reply :p

• Like 1

It is implied.

You are misreading the description. The description clearly states "receiving a critical hit has a 50% chance to cause confusion (upgrades to charmed on crit).

Like I said it doesn't make sense, how can it be an upgrade from a crit to a crit?

The description doesn't mention anything about hits or grazes.

Edited by Gary1986

You are misreading the description. The description clearly states "receiving a critical hit has a 50% chance to cause confusion (upgrades to charmed on crit).

Like I said it doesn't make sense, how can it be an upgrade from a crit to a crit?

The description doesn't mention anything about hits or grazes.

I am not misreading.

Item description

Receiving Critical Hits from Melee Attacks has a 50% chance to cause Confused on attackers (Upgrades to Charmed on Crit)

If the 50% component is included, I will elaborate it as:

1. Enemy attacks wearer of said shield in melee.

2. Attacks from enemy goes through a hit resolution check to determine the miss/graze/hit/crit state of the attack. This is the Melee Attacks part.

3. If the attack is qualified as a crit, the following sequence is continued. Otherwise the sequence is exited and the following steps are not considered. This is the Receiving Critical Hits from Melee Attacks part.

4. Before the counter is even triggered, it first goes through a 50% chance check to see if the attack goes through. This component is essentially a coin flip and will not follow the normal hit resolution check. This is the 50% chance part.

5. If the 50% check is failed, the sequence is exited and the rest of the steps are not considered.

6. If the 50% check is successful, the shield will trigger a counter on the attacker of the shield wielder as a attack which will cause confusion on the attacker. This is the cause Confused on attackers part.

7. The "confusion" counter attack does not land automatically but is roll against the defence of the attacker (should be Will in this case, but should check the log to be sure). This is the cause part. There are procs in this game that also need to first do a hit resolution check before the attack resolves. This is the case here as well.

8. If the confusion counter rolls a hit or graze, the attacker will receive the Confusion status

9. If the confusion counter rolls a crit, the attacker will be Charmed. This is the (Upgrades to Charmed on Crit) part.

10. If the confusion counter rolls a miss, nothing will happen. Combat log should state that the counter attack has missed the attacker of the shield wielder.

Look the description as I mentioned could use some cleaning up. But this is what goes on. Feel free to look through the logs. And to a certain degree, there are other procs that work somewhat similarly.

Why must it be the case that I am misunderstanding the way the proc works? If so, do you mind explaining what is happening in your perspective?

Edited by mosspit
  • Like 1