I'm trying to decide which one is the better combination for my Brute.

I know Tarn's Respite is probably the best Sabre in the game.  But I'm stuck on whether the second Sabre should be Aldris (for shock lash 10 and 10% shock damage).  Or should it be Grave's Calling (with 2% Frost stacking up to 15 times). 

For Grave Calling, 15 times stacking is something I don't think you can see inside the 60s interval except in very particular situations. Basically, when dual wielding, attack1+recovery1+attack2+recovery2 should be at most 4s (60/15). So, for each of the weapons you must have attack time + recovery time to be less or equal to 2s. 10 stacks you can reach with not too much difficulty but it will take a long time. With grave calling you should make the average computations considering 5 stacks. For this reason I think that in general Grave Bound enchant is superior to Frozen Edge.

Talking about pure DPS and considering a context where the target's deflection is close to your character's accuracy, the best sabres are Tarn's Respite (enchanted with Brittle Frost) and Scordeo's Edge (enchanted with Adaptive and Tempest). Beza's blade is also good against targets with high AR presuming that you can crit them reasonably often (it's not that great against standard enemies with moderate or low AR).

Aldris does not seem too good, even St. Dogga's Skull is better as it has a higher percent lash and it has an extra fire attack that can occur occasionally on any hit (not just crit). Not to mention that the extra fire attack can be upgraded to an AoE attack.

Edited by kmbogd

Honostly Griffon Blade + Mordwyr is really strong considering you get 50% daze on crit with Griffon and a bunch of other nice perks, + action speed....that is the combo I used soloing the fampyr cave so I wanted some form of cc effect on the weapon I used+good damage and griffon blade was perfect for that, although it is not a saber.

If you get intellect immunity from something else other than Mordwyr consider Atris + Griffon blade and all the hit to crit passives you can take. 

Another interesting combo would be something like Atris+ The Last Word (disable enemy abilities for 3 sec on crit). but it is lower dps. 

Not a fan of Tarns respite to be honost, just feels the +10% hit to crit on Atris especially in conjunction with passives can get you some nice on crit combos with something else like Griffon or The Last Word.