Intermittent FPS drops

pomenitul

Question

I have an i5-7500 with a GTX 1070 and a G-Sync compatible monitor. All other games run smoothly, and so would Deadfire (I tend to get 60+ FPS in most areas) if it weren't for the sudden, intermittent drops every minute or so. Even drops from 90 to 65 are noticeably irritating. I tried changing the resolution, lowering the settings, fiddling around in the Nvidia panel, nothing works. Help?

4 answers to this question

Hello pomenitul,

Thank you for your post! We have this issue with GTX 10 series cards logged, but if you could provide me with a dxdiag and output.log so we can help look into possible reasons for this affecting our games frame rate.

Best,

-Caleb

I like big bugs and I cannot lie...

Confirming, I have 1080 ti, decent cpu, and I figured out that these drops are related to "Lights" option set to ON, within graphic settings, because when I turn it off, fps seem to be stable and gameplay is smooth. Too bad, because with this option set to on game looks much better.

Just wanted to add, that the fps drops are very intense when character uses a light source, like a torch. While in dungeons gameplay is still smooth, in towns fps is dropping drastically. Ona side not, when played on sli configuration it uses only one gpu.