Two-handed weapons need twice as many ingredients for upgrading

Zap Gun For Hire

Question

So I was messing around with modding the crafting system and I noticed something interesting.  It appears that all two-handed weapons need twice the amount of raw materials and gold to apply an upgrade.  This is for both the Fine/Exceptional/Superb/Legendary upgrade paths as well as the various unique upgrades a weapon might qualify for.

My question is: Is this working as intended?  And if this is as intended, is there any way to mod the game so two-handed weapons don't need twice the materials/coin to apply an upgrade?

5 answers to this question

FWIW, this is exactly how it worked in the first game

• Like 1

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

FWIW, this is exactly how it worked in the first game

Ah, I don't think I ever noticed that in PoE I.  Thanks for the info.

Still, would be nice to find out if it is possible to mod Deadfire so upgrading two-handed weapons doesn't require double the ingredients/gold, as well as how to do it if it is possible. 

And if it isn't possible right now, maybe a feature request to add to the crafting/modding engine?   Might as well add one more request to the list, right? ;)

Actually it makes sense in terms of abstract game-balance.

Upgrading a set of weapons - regardles if it's a single 2H weapon, 2 one-handers or sword-and-broad - should cost the same amount of resources.

Otherwise I'm sure there would be complains from some dual-wielding rogues about them having to pay twice as much as some greatsword swinging paladin just to stay relevant.

Except that 2h weapons are still worse than any of: 1h, 1h+shield, dual-wield. So 2hs apparently suck even more than I thought.

How can anyone in their right mind try to ship a multimillion dollar product without making absolutely sure that they don't upset all their players with a degree in Medieval English Linguistics?