Hi All,

Beat the game on Veteran with a Orlan Swashbuckler and would like to rerun it once 1.1 patch drops with another Orlan Rogue variant, as that's my cannon Watcher.

Would love to get your thoughts on a build with the following criteria:

1) Fun and efficient - based on what I've read about 1.1 I won't be playing on PoTD so no uber min-maxing/cheesing necessary. However I do want him min maxed to a degree.

2) Roleplay - thinking of a wiley Orlan Drifter who eventually comes to grips with his Watcher status and doesn't necessarily side with the Pirates (spoiler - he won't).

3) Can be multi or single but no Assassin. I'm not a hide and seek kinda player.

4) Dialogue/event checks are important to me - and considering the roleplay, Perception, Streetwise, and maybe Diplomacy/Insight are great candidates.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

I keep advocating it since I have had a lot of fun but a stretfighter / ascendant is crazy fun to play. I was dual wielding blunderbuss for the modal to proc being flanked which gives you 50% faster action speed which includes spell casting. Doesn't require stealth you just get to dual wield shotguns and it's pretty great.

You could rp it as a rogue whos trip to the beyond maybe unlocked some psychic powers.

You essentially blast shots with blunderbuss, once you become ascended you can spam out spells with the 50% faster casting.

I did something like...

Might - max

Con - 7

Dex - max

Per - max

Int - max

Res - dump

It was something similar to this not at home so can't check. Int is important for the spell lengths and ascendant time , dex for faster reloads and casting, and might since it was one of the only ways to increase spell damage

Thanks guys I think I'm going to go Soulblade/Rogue. Thoughts?

Definitely viable.

On the cipher side, you're going to mostly be there for Soul Annihilation, and the damage boosts so don't worry too much about grabbing powers in general (a lot of cipher powers are pretty lackluster). Whisper of Treason is a pretty important lifeline at early levels, so I suggest picking that up for your 1st-level power and then mostly just going for passives and the occasional self-buff. Draining Whip is probably worth more to you than Biting Whip, and Greater Focus is not a bad choice for a Soul Blade either. Borrowed Instinct is pretty amazing, when you can finally pick it up.

As for rogue: you get a lot of strong full attacks, so dual-wield is a good way to go (although, take note, it's not so good for Soul Annihilation). Make sure to grab Escape, as it'll do a lot for your defenses.

Edited by gkathellar

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all, thought I'd necro this thread to post about my progress the Mindstalker. Hopefully it's helpful and/or entertaining.

Build is:

Hearth Orlan

Rogue/Soulblade

Drifter

Mechanics

Insight

Bluff

Sleight of Hand

Streetwise

Mig- High

Con- Low

Dex- Medium

Per- Highest

Int- Medium

Res - Low

Key pieces of gear: Duskfall, Miscreant's Leathers, hat from Serafan, and the pistol Scoe--something's Trophy. I suggest crit and +Might gear. Your job is to cause damage and shred souls straight from their bodies. Soul Annihilation.

Think of a Rogue Caster who opens up with an Empowered Shred spell, Debilitating Strike, or Pyschovampiric Shield. By now, Aloth or Serafan is casting some wretched Dception of DoT spell to set up Sneak Attacks. How kind of you gents. A staple of the build - Shadow Step - sends me across the battlefield towards their pesky mage. Oops, paralyzed. Snuck up on ya there buddy. And BOOM Soul Annihilation. With 20-21 Perception it rarely misses. May the Wheel guide what's left of you.

Now I'm behind enemy lines and they are in big, big trouble. See, as an Adept Evader, AoE spells rarely hit. So moving around the cluster while Aloth and Fish boy hit em with nukes (I know Tekehu has foe-only AoEs), building up immense focus with every hit. Get into trouble, Shadow Step out. I'm building up 100+ Focus with ease, ready to volley up and annihilate my opponent into oblivion.

Soul Annihilation combos perfectly with a damage class. Moreso burst than DPS. Picked Rogue as I didn't want to sacrifice durability (Assassin - also, admittedly, I like taking on foes headfirst) or Trickster (ugh that Sneak Attack penalty is brutal). If you do see yourself using stealth a lot I'd say Assassin/Soulblade is another solid choice, prob at the top of the single target damage list.

Hope someone got something out of this, really enjoying the class. Cheers.

Edited by Verde