Pallegina and what am I doing wrong?

This is my first playthrough with the PoE1 companions. So far Pallegina is whiffing just about everything. I mean, I know it is PotD difficulty, but heck even Xoti is hitting things better than Pallegina. Right now she is stillusing a two-handed sword (I recently got a Fine one). Right now I have a fighter/barbarian, Eder as a rogue, Xoti as priest, and Aloth as a wizard. I just recently picked up Pallegina, so I am not too long in Nekataka. Are there better weapons for her than the ones she came with or has proficiency? Even when I cast Sworn enemy, Flames of Devotion, and use the aura that boosts accuracy, she's swinging for the fences, but hitting nothing but a noisy out. I'm doing something wrong, I'm sure.

Joe

I gave her the two handed sword created using the fragments from Caed Nua (found in the captain's quarters of your ship). She's pretty hardy for me. You could also give her a pike or spear and keep her behind Eder, as an off-tank.

• Like 1

You can switch 2h sword modal if it is on. Maybe look for better sword or weapon, and upgrade it to fuperb (and legendary)

Take party pet with +1 perecption. Also give Pallegina bracells of Accuracy and maybe something with perception (neckle).

Try to apply Blind, Shaken, Frightened by spells.

Edited by evilcat

You can switch 2h sword modal if it is on. Maybe look for better sword or weapon, and upgrade it to fuperb (and legendary)

Take party pet with +1 perecption. Also give Pallegina bracells of Accuracy and maybe something with perception (neckle).

Try to apply Blind, Shaken, Frightened by spells.

You know, one thing I have noticed is that this play through, whether because of Obsidian's RNG or PotD, I have discovered far fewer capes, cloaks, gloves, or bracers of anything. I have rings and necklaces for days. PoE1 used to do that to me, too. There were a few items each play that I couldn't swing a stick without hitting one, like the Troll belt for instance.

Joe