Hi Watchers!

I havent found a viable build for solo druid on potd(no tsc, only solo potd)

The Thundercat its too squishy imo...:/

Can you help me? Stats,talents? I prefer shapeshift, or hybrid (stagform!;))

Thank you very much!!

There are some wizards and priests builds for PoTD solo. Maybe you can check those out? Since they are spell casters so builds should be somewhat similar.

Shapeshifting duration is very short so it’s not suitable for soloing unless you’re using to deal the finishing blow or something.

On the other hand you don't lose much spell power if you spec for Spiritshift.

A shocking boar druid with focus on self heals (Veteran's Recovery, healing spells, high MIG and INT) can be very sturdy, wreck stuff in melee (also against high DR targets) with Wildstrike + Avenging Storm, be a great CCer and will still able to cast other devastating spells (like Plague of Insects). High MIG and INT are good for (self) healing, Dot effects (boar tusks, spells like Plague oI) and AoE damaging spells in general.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

On the other hand you don't lose much spell power if you spec for Spiritshift.

A shocking boar druid with focus on self heals (Veteran's Recovery, healing spells, high MIG and INT) can be very sturdy, wreck stuff in melee (also against high DR targets) with Wildstrike + Avenging Storm, be a great CCer and will still able to cast other devastating spells (like Plague of Insects). High MIG and INT are good for (self) healing, Dot effects (boar tusks, spells like Plague oI) and AoE damaging spells in general.

Best Race might be Moon Godlike because gear doesn't work while shifted anyway, but godlike racial bonuses do.

I used a boreal dwarf for my playthrough though.

It is possible so solo PotD with almost anything - we even had somebody in this forum who did a complete playtrough with a lvl-1 character ("Noober").

I did an Ultimate run with a Barbarian with 3 RES and 3 DEX - wasn't too hard (but I died from a Battle-Forged/Second Whind bug at lvl 16 in Noonfrost on the way to Thaos - after killing all bounties and dragons).

So - a shifting druid should be possible as well (and easier than a barb).

With casters it's tougher at the beginning but easier later on - due to the "scaling" of per-rest spell casting (few spells at low levels, a ton at high levels). Druid is a bit easier in the early game than let's say priest, because Spiritshift is quite effective right from the start.

You will most likely need high move speed for kiting and pulling. A shifted druid (and druids in general) are not Masters of defense and can't tank all the enemies in an encounter. They have awesome CC and dmg spells, but sometimes you will have to flee.

You will need to buff your accuracy somehow against bosses (scrolls for example) because that's what druids lack a bit.

Edited by Boeroer

Best Race might be Moon Godlike because gear doesn't work while shifted anyway, but godlike racial bonuses do.

It is possible so solo PotD with almost anything - we even had somebody in this forum who did a complete playtrough with a lvl-1 character ("Noober").

I did an Ultimate run with a Barbarian with 3 RES and 3 DEX - wasn't too hard (but I died from a Battle-Forged/Second Whind bug at lvl 16 in Noonfrost on the way to Thaos - after killing all bounties and dragons).

With casters it's tougher at the beginning but easier later on - due to the "scaling" of per-rest spell casting (few spells at low levels, a ton at high levels). Druid is a bit easier in the early game than let's say priest, because Spiritshift is quite effective right from the start.

You will most likely need high move speed for kiting and pulling. A shifted druid (and druids in general) are not Masters of defense and can't tank all the enemies in an encounter. They have awesome CC and dmg spells, but sometimes you will have to flee.

You will need to buff your accuracy somehow against bosses (scrolls for example) because that's what druids lack a bit.

Thank you very much, i think i will start today my Dwarf Druid with Boar-form! :) Name: Boaroar Borskyr :D :D :D :D

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you very much, i think i will start today my Dwarf Druid with Boar-form! :) Name: Boaroar Borskyr :D :D :D :D

I felt the one thing Druids lacked a bit for a straight TCS run was Accuracy (or self-buffs in general).

Shouldn't be that much of a problem in PotD Solo, though.

Have fun (storming the castle)!

the_ultimate.png

Done with Moon Godlike Wizard

Yes, that's true. Druids are really awesome, but lack accuracy. In a party you wouldn't notice but when soloing it can be an issue.

With a solo barb you can overcome this problem at certain levels because the accuracy of Carnage + Accurate Carnage starts to surpass your normal accuracy at lvl 6. That's because Carnage, although suffering a malus of -10, counts as an ability and those get +1 ACC per char level. At lvl 16 your Carnage has +10 accuracy compared tough your normal accuracy. You can auto-attack the enemy with the lowest deflection and hit tougher ones with Carnage.

Solo druids have no tool (besides consumables) to boost their accuracy - but plenty of tools to lower enemies' defenses.

Edited by Boeroer

Solo druids have no tool (besides consumables) to boost their accuracy - but plenty of tools to lower enemies' defenses.

And that would work better with - wait for it - accuracy!

Patience works as well, but protracted fights increase the risk of getting fataly wounded.

the_ultimate.png

Done with Moon Godlike Wizard

• 3 weeks later...

I have a quick question that doesn't deserve its own thread: Does envenomed strike apply to all enemies hit with stag's carnage?

I've always liked the look of the Stag, but usually go Cat for damage. If envenomed strike were AoEed with stag it'd be enough to make it worth it.