[Bug] Crew member can't recover from an injury

Insolentius

Question

My medicine supply is maxed out and I have a surgeon, but one of my crew members (Vektor) can't seem to recover from an injury he got from one of the scripted events (while hunting one of the gigantic sea creatures). Additionally, there's no 'injury' symbol on his portrait, but the tooltip shows that he's injured. Visiting a city (which normally heals crew members immediately using the available med supplies) does nothing - neither does sailing around and letting the time pass.

image.png

4 answers to this question

I've had this happen before. Usually, I put the surgeon in the resting crew slot, and then put the injured crewman in play until I see the message about "-2 morale Working while Hurt." Once I see that I put the surgeon back on active duty, and then put the injured crewman in the resting slot and that seems to fix it. This has happened a couple of times to me. I'm not 100% sure, but I think it has to do with the medicine count not being used properly. After doing the steps I listed, it seems to correct itself and start using medicine again. Once the medicine starts going down you can pull into the nearest major port and usually the injured crewman will be instantly healed.

It happened to me as well, on my first playthrough. One guy (the dwarf cook from the island with the crew that turned into cannibals) never recovered from a wound, while other crew members who were wounded in the same battle i think, did. He wasn't healed when visiting a city either.

Hmm... That's odd. Definitely, sounds like a bug. Do you have a save file for it? I mention it, because I know the devs are going to ask for one in order to reproduce and try to fix it.