Unable to Load World Map

introdile

Question

Hello! I am experiencing a strange issue.

I've played the game so far, up to getting my ship repaired. I did not have a completed save file from the first PoE, but I made due. I've been on the world map several times, of course and have played around with the ship stuff, as limited as it is for me currently.

However, upon heading out to one of the ports I could see on my map, while I was in the middle of the ocean, an event had stopped me, the gods asking me my progress, what I have found out, etc. I did the little event, woke up back on the interior of my ship, rather than the world map. I walked around, talked to my party members, when above deck, talked a lil more. The game popped up a tutorial on how to embark to keep traveling by ship. I click the button that'll do just that and... the game won't load it.

The screen remains black no matter how long I leave it and windows immediately tells me its not responding and wants me to close it when I try clicking. It's not a real crash, so there's no crash log. The output log is mostly uninteresting, the final couple of lines being:

------- BEGIN LEVEL LOAD INITIATED --------        Pending level = FreeWorldMap.

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

And nothing else following. I'm verifying my file integrity to be sure that it's not something that's broken somehow, but I was on the world map before this happened so I feel like it may not be a missing asset or something. Any help appreciated, I was really enjoying this game, way more than the first one, but this is really souring my experience unfortunately.

5 answers to this question

Hello again. I don't know what the policy is on bumping threads is, so I hope this is alright.

As I've gotten no response, I decided to try loading an older save of mine and just... repeat everything I did up to the point it broke and unfortunately, it's still broken. I can upload my save if need be. Thanks.