Problem with formations

jww

Question

Has anyone else noticed an issue with formations where the formation is regularly reversed, so that the tanks get moved to the back and the squishy characters are moved to the front? The definition of the formation itself hasn't changed, and once I'm in an area, if I move to another spot, then when they come to a stop, they'll be in the order they should be in, but they never start out that way.

Anytime I enter or exit a building or area, the order gets reversed (and if I click to move elsewhere on the map, and forget to stop and wait for them to get back in the correct order, then the entire time they are moving, the tanks are in the back). Anytime I enter an encounter spot on the world map, the order gets reversed.

It's a custom formation, if that matters.

I'm not referring to scripted encounters where you're supposed to be surrounded, or anything like that.

3 answers to this question

Just as a follow-up, I encountered a second bug with formations in addition to the one I described above.

In the previous bug, the definition of the formation hadn't changed, the game just kept reversing the order of the party members on any area transition.

In the new bug, the definition of the formation has actually changed - on the place where you define the formation, the party members had changed places (the places themselves were still the ones I had assigned, but the party members were standing in the wrong ones). I was used to this happening after walking around the ship (since the game has to re-add your party members when you get off the ship -- though this should probably also be considered a bug), but this time it happened simply by changing to a new area (or possibly by loading my game from the previous day, not sure).