The Lighted Path - showdown with Bearn

So, I've been replaying the part where you have to talk Bearn out of drinking poison, and...

It seems like no matter what I do I can't get him to see the error of the Lighted Path's ways, so he ends up being bitter. Still, according to the wiki, getting through to him is apparently something that should be achievable here.

Does anyone know what exactly makes Bearn exit the showdown happy? Aside from ritual suicide, of course.

Edited by Skazz
  • Like 1

I think "getting through to him" means you just convince him not to drink it. He will be bitter in any case because he is young and he got super brainwashed.

If anything I thought this was normal, you can't expect someone to change their beliefs just based on one conversation.

Emissary Tar: At last, someone who looks like they could be of some assistance! The assorted boobs and dimwits around here have been of very little help.

Charname: I’m afraid you have mistaken us for someone else. I’m Dimwit, this is my good friend Boob, and behind me you’ll find Brainless and Moron. How do you do? 

That's what I initially assumed, but the wiki lists these two separate ending conditions for Eder:

+Edér believes in the gods, Bearn saved and convinced the Lighted Path were wrong

+Edér believes in the gods, Bearn saved but still believes in the Lighted Path

Additionally, both are illustrated with different ending slides. In other words, it is possible somehow to make Bearn less bitter about the whole ordeal.

Thing is, I don't know how to achieve this. :unsure:

Edited by Skazz

That's what I initially assumed, but the wiki lists these two separate ending conditions for Eder:

+Edér believes in the gods, Bearn saved and convinced the Lighted Path were wrong

+Edér believes in the gods, Bearn saved but still believes in the Lighted Path

Additionally, both are illustrated with different ending slides. In other words, it is possible somehow to make Bearn less bitter about the whole ordeal.

Thing is, I don't know how to achieve this. :unsure:

If you convinced Eder in the first game to question his faith, Bearn ends up moving on from the Lighted Path. Plus, Eder's path through this game is so much more interesting as a jaded ex-Eothasian :)

• Like 1