Dirty Laundry and Vailian quest bugs (spoilers)

PangaeaACDC

Question

Went to the Vailian HQ after wrapping up Tikawara and several conversation threads were repeated.

• First I talked to the lady downstairs, Alvaro or suchlike. We then got transported upstairs to the Paul Kagame look-alike (the similarity is uncanny, even down to the glasses, so I can't unsee it).
  • I reported the findings to him and he was disappointed
  • Alvari and another person then walked out of the room during a cutscene, and Castol talked further with us
  • He first introduced himself and the company, before proceeding to have a conversation we've already had, about an experiment and such. My previous answers were even greyed out. He then introduced the Dirty Laundry quest, which I've already completed
  • The top-left corner pop-up said I had got a new quest. I was worried it got doubled up in the Journal, but it's still greyed out there as completed, thankfully.

Hopefully this hasn't led to something going seriously awry, but please have a look at it, with code inspector or whatever you guys do.

Have attached the auto-save from entering VTC HQ. Should be easy enough to repeat my steps. Talk to the lady first, and she'll transport the whole group upstairs.

https://we.tl/d5gHKuUOfu

Edit: The first one turned out to be in Castol's office. Here is a previous one in case you need it:

https://we.tl/PZk5bQHfBP

Edited by PangaeaACDC
  • Like 2

4 answers to this question

This is not fixed.

I am confused about how it's supposed to work. Castol is not at his office when you first arrive to Neketaka, but after resolving the Hasongo problem he's there. He'll offer me the animancy quest and then Dirty Laundry. These feel like low level quests to me so I'd really hope they should have minimal plot blocks to overcome.

Anyway, I did those two, and long after that I did Poko Kohara. Got the quest from Atsura, never talked to the governor for it. Still, I knew the governor would want to know about it so I talked to her and she dragged me to see Castol together with her. And after concluding that and getting my reward I had what OP described with Castol acting like I just came back from the animancy experiment and giving me the Dirty Laundry quest again and it even showing in the corner of my screen (but it's not an active quest in my journal).

I can't recall where Crookspur fit into my quest flow this time, but I think I handed it in right after disentangling myself from his amnesia about my quest progress.

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

The issue is still in the game, and to add to it, if you do it before finishing Dirty Laundry quest it breaks it.

After reporting what happened at Poko Kohara and that other person leaves the room, he talks as if we never talked, introduces himself, asks about the experiment (which i talked with him about before so my previous choices are greyed out) and tries to give me the dirty laundry quest again. (same as people above said)

The Dirty Laundry quest is still in the journal, untouched, at the same point it was, but i can no longer talk with the npc Brizze, she's still there where she should be but clicking does nothing - no dialogue.

I loaded a previous save (before reporting what happened at Poko Kohara) and went to continue Dirty Laundry quest, to check if it wasn't something else that broke it, and i'm able to continue the quest, so it was this.