• 3 months later...

The answer is currently no to all of this.  

Editing 3d models post-compile is something that can't really be done with Unity.  Best case, maybe you can sub in a new texture for an existing model, but that's about it.

While there are some third-party tools that may export 3d meshes from game files, there are presently none that can pack any modifications back into the assets.

Being able to create new things is definitely on the mod wishlist, but it is a fairly large challenge for Obsidian to implement.

• Like 1

Editing 3d models post-compile is something that can't really be done with Unity.  Best case, maybe you can sub in a new texture for an existing model, but that's about it.

While there are some third-party tools that may export 3d meshes from game files, there are presently none that can pack any modifications back into the assets.

Being able to create new things is definitely on the mod wishlist, but it is a fairly large challenge for Obsidian to implement.

Oh that's a bummer. Thanks for the reply tho! :) 

• Like 1

I am sorry, but this answer is totally wrong. I have already done all of the asked things (see this topic for results). I am currently writing a guide to do these modifications. I hope to finish it on Sunday.

• Like 1

I am sorry, but this answer is totally wrong. I have already done all of the asked things (see this topic for results). I am currently writing a guide to do these modifications. I hope to finish it on Sunday.

Fair enough.  Though, not everyone is comfortable using UABE to alter the game files.

The desirable thing would be to import via override.  The alternative works, but is likely to get wiped out each time there is a game update.

UABE dose not seem very user friendly at first, but it is actually very easy to use. And modifications to models are unlikely to be overridden through patches. Those files are separated from game mechanic files. Unless a patch changes "old" models there is not much to be feared. The new 2.1 patch did nothing to my mods.

But there are other obstacles, which make public mods very difficult. And I 100% agree on the "import via override" to be the desirable way of doing such mods.

• Like 1