I'd LOVE to see another game in Planescape universe. Certainly not continuation of Planescape: Torment, it's finished story. Just new adventure with Sigil and whole new worlds to explore. My suggestions:
- 3d Isometric view + 1st person while speaking with NPC's
- Or 1st person / behind shoulder view. Imagine walking through the streets of Sigil like that:
It would be GREAT (and mind****ing at the same time) to see actual ring-shaped structure of the city! And just think about other amazing possibilities (like astral plane for example).
- - -
Also, I highly reccomend to include best features of Torment + insirations from other good cRPG:
- Rich, non-linear storyline full of plots and twists + original personal quest (NOT SAVING THE WORLD)
- Original main character, and memorable NPC's
- MANY dialogue options with HIGH influence of atributes. Charisma, Perception, Inteligence... another examples: Strenght (to grab and frighten NPC :>) Dexterity (to hide something when guards wants to search you).
- Player actions and choices have major influence on his alignment
- World full of greys (NOT typical good guys vs bad guys). Torment + Game of Thrones are good examples
- Different endings, depends on player choices.
- Diffrent ways to finish same quest (Deus Ex: HR) and world reaction to player decisions.
- Less open world, more plot! (more like The Witcher 2, than Skyrim).
- Weird / strange / mad / dark NPC's (Ravel Puzzlewell, Marrow-Friend, Many As One, Coaxmetal, Pile of Skulls)
- Including few "old friends" from Torment would be nice thing
- Rusty interface and world design (don't add too many colours!!)
- Appropriate music to build atmosphere. Mark Morgan did GREAT job. Perhaps you should consider to work with him again? :D