Jump to content

Kagemitsu

Initiates
  • Content Count

    4
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About Kagemitsu

  • Rank
    (0) Nub
  1. First of all, I'd like to say that im still new on this game but im so amazed on the game mechanics that i cant help but to create my own DPS calculator. There are so many factor which affects the DPS but for now id like to discuss how Accuracy stat really affects the DPS outcome of your character. (Any criticism is very welcome, you can contest your own opinion if you want. It would help me also have a deeper insight for the game.) In my understanding, accuracy determines the success rate of your attacks, regardless of how high your DMG if you dont land a hit then its close to useless. Success Rate = (Accuracy - Deflection) + (1-100 Roll) If the sum is: 1-15 = Miss - You have a 15% chance that you will never land a hit. 16-50 = Graze - 35% chance, you will land a hit but it will be only 50% of your DMG (0.5DMG) 51-100 = Hit - 50% chance to land 100% of your DMG. >100 = 0% chance, but if you land it it will be x1.5DMG(Awesome!) Now lets assume that your Average weapon DMG is 17 (14-20 for Great Swords), for starters. And you are a level 1 Fighter (Accuracy=30) fighting a young wolf with 24 Deflection, your total accuracy before Roll is 6(30-24=6). giving you a: (6 + 1) - 15 = 7-15 = 9% Miss chance 16 - 50 = 35% Graze chance 51-100 = 50% Hit Chance 101 - 106 = 6% Crit Chance. Multiplying your DMG to the percentage would give you your Average DPS. Percentage x DMG Multiplier x Ave DMG Total ----------------------------------------------------------------------- 0.09 x 0.0 x 17 = 0 0.35 x 0.5 x 17 = 2.975 0.50 x 1.0 x 17 = 8.5 0.06 x 1.5 x 17 = 1.53 Total DMG = 0 + 2.975 + 8.5 + 1.53 = 13.005 or approx. 13 To prove the basis of calculation, Suppose to be you have a 100% chance to always land a hit, (1 x 1 x 17= 17) that would give you a full potential of your weapon damage since its always a hit. And if you had only a 50% chance of hit and 50% on crit(say because you had an overwhelming Accuracy), the calculation would be: (0.5 x 1 x 17) + (0.5 x 1.5 x 17) = (8.5) + (12.75) = 21.25 which is gives you 25% more of your weapon potential.(Amazing) Now at Level 1 Fighter I always choose the "Disciplined Barrage" over "Knock Down" because of the bonus + 20 Accuracy. Calculating the added accuracy of the ability would give me a DMG of: Accuracy before Roll = (30 + 20 -24) = 26 Miss = 0% Graze (27-50) = 24% Hit (51-100) = 50% Crit (101-126) = 26% therefore: 0.00 x 0.0 x 17 = 0 0.24 x 0.5 x 17 = 2.04 0.50 x 1.0 x 17 = 8.5 0.26 x 1.5 x 17 = 6.63 Total DMG = 0 + 2.04 + 8.5 + 6.63 = 17.17 DMG before Damage Reduction. Now I know that there are a lot of factor affecting the DMG,(Might,Dex, equipment etc) but i guess Accuracy is as important as other stats. Now Im trying to make a DPS calculator, and im reading the Weapon attack speed from other forums to do this so. What are your thoughts guys.
  2. I see, i guess dex(attack time and recovery time) doesnt count much if you dont land a hit. Specially with high deflection mobs. That is why i really like 1H because of +12 accuracy. I also like Flails passive 30% graze to hit feature. Though it doesnt add accuracy but i guess i has better odds than rapier.
  3. Thank you @Boaroar, i think i get a grip of the idea of the action concept. I had more questions though. Do the Dex affects the recovery time or the attack time only? Also i had read previously that dual weild huts more often vs 1h. Is this correct?
  4. Hi everyone, im starting to play the Pillars of eternity though the deadfire is already launched. Im new to this game and im starting to love it. To cut it short im using a DPS fighter class. Im sorting out all possible combination of talents and weapon. But i stumble upon the recovery speed. There is not much info regarding this IMHO so far. Can someone enlighten me rgarding this. By the way im using 1H Flails so that it increases accuracy and has a 30% more chance of making grazes to hits. I believe accuracy is important as a DPS player.
×
×
  • Create New...