I purchased PoE yesterday (10/11/15) via steam and had an absolute blast playing the game. I accumulated about 4 hours of play time, during which I was able to successfully autosave, quicksave, and manual save. Along with this it allowed me to load any of these files from the main start menu of the game. But when I exit the PoE client and restart it from the desktop it will no longer allow me to continue or load, the options are greyed out.
I have done some research on this problem and it seems like I am not the only one experiencing this particular bug.
So far I have tried:
- Restart game with new character, save, quit, reload
- Verify the integrity of the game cache
- Run PoE and Steam as an administrator
- Disabled/Enabled the Steam cloud for game synchronization
- Deleted and reinstalled game content on steam (after backing up game files)
- Deleted C:\Users\username\AppData\LocalLow\Obsidian Entertainment,
- Deleted C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp\Obsidian Entertainment\Pillars of Eternity\loadedSave.zip
It shows that I do have saved files in C:\Users\username\Saved Games\Pillars of Eternity in my Windows 8 explorer window, but nothing appears in game at the main menu when I try to load these files. I do not have the White March dlc. I've been looking around on the Steam and Obsidian forums for a fix and it seems like some of these steps have worked for some people, but so far nothing has worked for me.
Sorry if I'm just bring up a redundant issue that already has multiple threads, but it seems like this has been a consistent problem since the launch of the game, and the few of us that are unfortunate to have this bug have not really been given any support. I really enjoy the game and would be very excited to continue playing. I just want to continue playing from where I left off, not from the beginning every time.
Attached are 3 saved files and my output log