There should be 'PillarsOfEternity_Data' folder next to the executable
steam patch 1.05 pillarsofeternity_data
With the 1.05 patch on Steam, we've received a few reports from people saying they are receiving the following error:
Data folder not found: There should be 'PillarsOfEternity_Data' folder next to the executableTo fix this:
- Open Steam and click on the Library tab.
- Find Pillars of Eternity in your games list along the left, right-click it, and choose Properties.
- Click the Local Files tab and click the Browse Local Files... button.
- You should see a "EmptySteamDepot" folder. Right-click it, and choose Rename.
- Rename the folder to "PillarsOfEternity_Data".
- Run the game again and it should work now.