Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

File format specs

Modding

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

transcendent1

transcendent1

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
In one of the interviews they said they will aim for more user-friendly file formats that will allow to tweak different aspects of the game (I think they mentioned XML). Is there any further information on this available? I'm thinking about creating a tool for editing these files.

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 6570 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Not yet. But it has to be something that is readable for humans I guess. So it shouldn't matter much if it's XML, YAML or JSON or whatever format they choose. I know that Unity 5 supports JSON serialization. I don't know about any of the other formats. But Unity 5 is scripted with C# and there are tons of stuff in C# which can deal with those data formats.

Edited by Boeroer, 27 February 2017 - 12:58 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Modding

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users