What are conversation options based off?

This is more of a question. I initiated a conversation and I had the required might (stat) for the conversation option with the character I was using but the option was non selectable (red).

Are all conversation options based off the main character you created or who initiated the conversation?

Opinions/answers?

Thanks a lot

Conversation stat checks are always checked against the main character regardless of which character initiates conversation. And regardless of which character appears to initiate conversation the convention is that it's always your main character who's talking.

Yeah, I think it's fine for anything but dialogue to be interacted with via the closest party member (looting, opening something, etc.). Then, dialogue should just be able to be initiated without standing 2 feet away from someone. I mean, I don't always run up to someone's face before asking a question. So, I think dialogue should always have your main character move/interact, so that it isn't confusing. And just let them interact from 10-15 feet away, so you're not always having someone jog all the way up to someone else (especially helpful in situations when combat can spring straight out of the end of dialogue.)

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u