Azkul's mercenaries unbeatable

!Spoiler alert for Dantooine!

I've been having a blast with this game in conjunction with the restoration mod! I played this 7 years ago, but it never got to me. Now it is absolutely thrilling to play again.

However, I have a very anoying problem on my first planet outside of Telos. I've just visited the crystal caves on Dantooine and Azkul is awaiting me with a group of mercenaries. I want to be light side and confront his men. However, playing as a consular it is completely impossible to beat his men, 6 against 3 is absolutely unfair and my team mates are slaughtered when I try to get as many protection spells and heals on my team players.

I'm up to te point where I just want to quit. I know, I can choose "Lie" to Azkul, but I won't get the light side points. It should be possible to beat them!? I use all the syringes, melee protection shields, force powers that I can. I try to stasis everyone, but after 3 stasis, there are still 3 men left killing my team mates. It gets me so frustrated.

Difficulty is on normal. How the hell would you do this on hard?? I might try easy, but it will damage my ego.

I just don't understand this. Everything before this was SOO much easier! I see this really as a design flaw.

• Like 1

Hmm, I guess I'm a notorious liar :)

I don't remember having to fight them at this point. Haven't played consular for ages either (favouring sentinels for their abundant skill points), but I seem to remember when I did play consular, favourite powers were things like the "haste" (whatever it's called) and healing, making my guys stay in the fight and whittle down opposition slowly, but steadily.

Who are your party members and what force powers do you have available?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

My teammates are Atton and Bao dur. I think with Kreia and her force lightning spell / horror this would be a little easier. 

I've put away my ego and just finished this on easy. I don't know why I make such a problem with that. I'm more interested in the story than the gameplay, but still I wonder how this could be doable on normal... 

Playing with Consular is challenging and I wanted that. But you really need time to buff up and some buffs always disappear after a cutscene. 

Scripted encounters... one of my pet peeves in crpgs ;)

(together with minigames, QTE's and respawning enemies).

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

It's quite odd you have an issue with a consular, seeing how those mercs (and the ones during khoonda's battle) have an inexplainable -20 to their saving throws that I have never have been able to identify the source for or ability to fix.

So with some defensive spells like horror or statis, they don't stand a change. Or did you build your guy with purely buff-spells?

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Wah, an answer from the one and only Hassat ;-)

You are correct I made my character purely buff specced. She does have stasis and disable droid for crowd control.

The problem with stasis is that I do not have enough time to put that on everyone and somehow my teammates are not able to kill the other mercs fast enough.

I think I just used teammates that simply weren't suited for the job. I think you really need 2 force able characters.

Beat them on easy now.

Groeten!

Peter