A Paradise of the Mind bug

Ratamiel

Question

Description:

After I killed Menzzago and destroyed the orb I can't complete the quest (and obviously can't get the achievement as well) by speaking to Copperhead. He just says "Good luck, eh?" when I press on him, but I don't enter into actual dialogue.

Also I have both the "Ascend the stairs within the crypt." and "Speak with Copperhead" parts of the quest open in the questlog. I've included a screenshot.

Steps to Reproduce the Issue:

I came to the island and cleared the areas right up to the one before the Orb area. Then I stopped because I wanted a couple more levels and came back later. I'm unsure if this may be why the quest is bugging and won't let me complete it now.

Important Files:

I've included a save just before I ascend to the orb area and kills Menzzago and a save where I'm standing at Copperhead after killing Menzzago and destroying the orb. I also included a screenshot of the questlog showing two parts of the quest uncompleted at the same time.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lb5e0mqdxhpyq96/Pillars2bug.zip?dl=0

If you have any questions or need more info then just ask!

5 answers to this question

My third play-through and I didn't even know this guy existed.. I went back and still can't find him, where is he?

It's the island in the south-east corner. The island is shrouded in fog and occupied by fampyrs and undead.

Also have that bug on v1.2.0.0017, can't complete it. Copperhead is not initiating the conversation... :(

Have different stages of this quest in saves, redoing them is not helping.

Killing Menzzago then trying to talk to Copperhead - no result.

Destroying the orb and trying to talk to Copperhead - no result.

Saved game state:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gQzxPHtpWsuVegLFtjjD5hYXhMFgX545