Braziers/Explosions - Hard System Reset

sleepytime

Question

I'm currently experiencing an issue in which my computer will perform a hard reboot (no warning messages, just straight to the BIOS splash screen) in certain zones. The two in particular that are 100% reproducible are in the Forgotten Masoleum and the zone the animancers send you. I've also had it happen in Cannon Rampart.

The issue seems to have to do with certain animations. One user in the forums mentioned this happening with certain braziers. I've seen similar behavior from those braziers as well as certain explosions. The current workaround that seems to work decently well is turning all graphics options off and selecting a windowed mode that is less than the native resolution than the monitor. I'd love to help provide crash and error files, but nothing is logged when the hard resets occur.

2 answers to this question

I resolved the issue by putting my video card on a completely independent 1000w PSU (my system PSU is 850w). Whatever is going on in that particular zone (Forgotten Mausoleum) cause immense strain on my video card. I tried a 1080ti Blower Edition that reached 84C idling in that room before I closed PoE II. My current video card, which has better cooling, hit 71C while idling. Compared to the 54-58C temps I usually experience while playing the game, this tells me that some of the animations in that room are putting some strange strain on my video card. Hope this info helps the devs and anyone else facing this issue.