[Suggestion] Shield gives resistance instead of deflection

I've thinking about this for a while and I think this worth a thread to discuss. So we know in PoE 1/2 d100 system, Accuracy has a diminishing gain while Defense has a incremental gain. This result our build to be either 3 Resolve or 20 Resolve. I don't wanna talk about the problem of deflection here, but make an alternative fix for the problem.

So in both PoE 1 and 2, we can build a paladin or fighter with super high deflection. Like over 160+ all defense. Part of this is due to the high deflection we get from shield. Like in PoE 2 there is a large unique shield gives u 30+ deflection. This just make them immortal in the game. Powerful but boring to play with.

So I'm thinking if we can change shield so it gives resistance than deflection, like small shield grants 10% resistance, medium 15%, large 20%. I know a lot tank fans will disapprove this suggestion because this makes the tank less tanky. But this can make shield good for anyone, not just for tanks. Even if you are a barb with 30 end-game deflection, you can still benefit from the shield resistance. While in the current system, nobody with low deflection gonna bother with shield because it doesn't help that much, position and CC seems to be a better solution for them.

And this also make deflection less OP with these tank builds, but still a viable choice to increase their surviability. And they make have other trait to get more resistance too.

• Like 1