Whispers of Yenwood bug

serialno80

Question

Hi. I played some time with Whispers of Yenwood and when i was in town, in tavern, i noticed that my will is too low, and when i pointed cursor on will in charecter list, i seen that i have 4! debuffs from Whispers of Yenwood. And they didn't end there. And i was not in combat, i was in tavern. If i remove sword in backpack, i have -1 debuff and 3 still remains, without sword. Tryed to rest, save/load game, start/end combat, debuffs didn't remove. Is it a bug or?)

post-211937-0-28336400-1526091085_thumb.jpg

post-211937-0-19381000-1526091093_thumb.jpg

post-211937-0-12694200-1526091099_thumb.jpg

3 answers to this question

Hello!

I have run into probably the same bug, though with some added variables.

At first, I noticed this:

p6v6kGY.jpg

The properties of Whispers of Yenwood itself were showing as active effects on my main character. These are passive properties of the weapon itself, not abilities it grants for the wielder, so it obviously shouldn't happen.

But here's the real kicker: The character is not even carrying the weapon. She used to, but is now wielding Duskfall and Modwyr. Whispers of Yenwood is equipped on Xoti. The bug appeared quite some time after I switched the weapons around, although I did not notice the exact moment.

6Ibcpu1.jpg

Here's my main character's Current Effects section of her character sheet. It shows her wielded weapon's abilities normally, plus WoY's passive properties, even the generic "superb". This seems to be just a display bug, as in testing I only saw the appropriate properties listed in damage calculations.

HOWEVER:

BBz1UQg.jpg

The debuff IS affecting the main character's Will defense. Funnily enough it even points the finger at Xoti, and if I unequip the weapon from her, the debuff persists but the mention of [Xoti] disappears. And I want to emphasize that this is OUT OF COMBAT, which is specifically not how the debuff should work.

Doing some testing, I found out that:

A) Simply entering combat with the main character wielding Whispers of Yenwood gets rid of the display bug immediately.

B) Equipping and then un-equipping WoY on the main character fixed both the display bug and the lingering extra -5 will. (It showed as -10 upon re-equipping and disappeared on unequipping).

C) Having Whispers of the Dead trigger (getting critted while wielding WoY) does inflict a stacking -5 will per crit, that persists out of combat and through resting.

EDIT: On further testing, I noticed that the debuff seems to work correctly when inflicted by enemies in combat; I was testing it by having a partymember attack the wielder. In this case the debuff goes away when the next combat ends.

Here is a dropbox link to a .zip file, containing my output_log.txt and a savegame in a simple combat encounter map for testing:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/10eeb4w4echrbfo/Whispers%20of%20Yenwood%20bug.zip

EDIT: Also, I am running the current beta patch.

EDIT 2: made some corrections as I noticed an oversight in my testing.

EDIT 3: Man this post got convoluted for what turned out to be a much simpler bug than I first thought. I probably should've slept on it.

Edited by Palantyre

~And the Lord said unto John: Come forth, and receive eternal life! But alas, John came fifth and won a toaster instead.~