Invisible UI during character creation.

Spleenless_Extortionist

Question

What the title says. Every time I accept Berath's offer, character creation screen appears, but Watcher's model is semi-transparent (but still animated), UI is missing, or sometimes flickers for only a moment. I can rotate the model or click on some elemnts of the UI, but I cannot see it. I use GOG version of the game.

My specs are:
ASUS PRO5IJ laptop
Intel Core i5-460M 2.53 GHz CPU

4 GB RAM

nVidia GeForce G310M GPU
Win7, so probably this is due to underspeccing.

output_log.txt

post-200991-0-36128100-1526053094_thumb.jpg

Edited by Spleenless_Extortionist

3 answers to this question

Hi, Spleenless_Extortionist (that was a hoot to type). If you are playing through Steam, could you please verify your game files. I want to be sure that none of your files are corrupted. To do this, right-click on Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire in your favorites list. Go down to Properties and click that. Then go to the Local Files tab. Select the fourth option "Verify Integrity of Game Files" and click on that. Hopefully this will address the issue. Thank you for your patience.

--Doug

--Doug.

Thanks for the reply. I managed to solve the issue. There apparently was some problem with my GPU driver, since game worked normally when I tried switching off GPU and using chipset. So I reinstalled my nVidia driver. Game runs normally and without performance loss. Sorry for wasting your time.