Eder companion mission not starting please help

isisius

Question

Im thinking this might be a bug. So cause im pedantic im now on my third replay of the starting island, and im real happy with the class/stats ive gone with this time. However the previous 2 times, Eders companion quest triggered when i met the priest chick. Now though, im well into exploring Neketaka and he still hasn't mentioned the girl he wants to find. How do i get him to start that quest?

I really really REALLY want to keep playing this game is im invested in the story, and i made sure to clear a few days for this games release so id have time to play, but Eder is my favorite companion and I want to progress his quest. Is there some kind of console command to start the quest up if there is a bug? What is supposed to trigger it?

Is anyone else getting this issue? I saw someone mention it on the steam forums and they had also restarted the game a few times.

Edit: Updating to let people know wjhat ive tried so far.

Ok so far the places people have told me from various different posts that this quest could be started.

-The camp in Dawnstar camp in Port Maje( ran all around there, no trigger)

-Dawnstar preacher north of inn at Queens Berth (ran all around him, talked to him no trigger)

-Temple of Bethas in Neketakka (Ran around and talked to everyone, no quest trigger)

-Temple of Guan  in Neketakka (Ran around and talked to everyone, no quest trigger)

It seems odd to me that people have reported this quest starting in so many different places. Any obsidian people able to shed some light on where this quest is supposed to trigger?

Edit2:

Found a solution!!!
You can speak to Eder when you are next to the Dawnstars Preacher "Ivorr the Bright" in Queens Berth. He wont have a little convestaion marker appear on his protrait, but if you just talk to him normally, the conversation and then the quest triggers.

Edited by isisius

6 answers to this question

Visiting Neketaka and finish talking to the Harbourmaster there should allow you to trigger the quest.

Talk to Eder after docking in the port. I had Xoti in the party while talking to him. Neketaka is around northeast of the starter port. The main quest should point you to it on the world map.

Edited by Kenji

*throws smoke bombs in the thread and vanishes into the dark corners of the forums*

A recent update might have changed Eder's quest parameters or bugged it out, I can confirm that Eder's quest to find his old flame isn't triggering as early as meeting Xoti anymore.

*throws smoke bombs in the thread and vanishes into the dark corners of the forums*

A recent update might have changed Eder's quest parameters or bugged it out, I can confirm that Eder's quest to find his old flame isn't triggering as early as meeting Xoti anymore.

As in this is a bug you have encountered or you have had his quest triggered at a later time? Just want to see if i can still trigger this quest is all.

As in this is a bug you have encountered or you have had his quest triggered at a later time? Just want to see if i can still trigger this quest is all.

You can still trigger this quest but only after you have visited Neketaka I believe.

You can still trigger this quest but only after you have visited Neketaka I believe.

Sorry, what im asking is where specifically do you go to trigger this quest. I want to go there and try to make sure i can trigger it.