Sign in to follow this  
Kynas219

Game will only open in a small window (Win 10)

Question

Upon opening the game, it will only open in a VERY small window. I tried alt+enter and all it does is use the exact same window just now blown up to my screen size. I've attached a photo to demonstrate the issue. Nothing I have found seems to be able to make it open either fullscreen or windowed larger. I tried it before and after updating my Nvidia card. 

Here's a link to an image of my desktop. https://imgur.com/a/etYlxei

DxDiag.txt

Edited by Kynas219

4 answers to this question

I managed to fix it by changing the resolution in game. I basically had to guess at one and then it worked. I think it was set to a super small resolution and I couldn't figure out to fix it before the game started. 

Posted (edited)

I've got exactly the same problem. I've been playing this game for hundreds of hours and it's suddenly started doing this. I haven't made any changes to my computer since I played Deadfire yesterday, so there is no reason why it should be doing this. The game window is so small that I can't see anything enough to be able to change the resolution in game. If I press alt+enter the resolution is so bad that I can't see anything. I tried setting it to 'fullscreen' a few times but it didn't seem to do anything.

Ugh. I feel like screaming.

Edited by Chandagnac

All game settings stored in registry.

Use Win+R combination, type "regedit" (withous quotes), then go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Obsidian Entertainment\Pillars of Eternity II

You need to delete "Pillars of Eternity II" folder, then start the game and all settings will reinitialize.

• Like 1