Game launching in to high of a resolution.

zanshin

Question

I've been trying to start up Pillars of Eternity 2. 

It boots up as if it's trying to display over four monitors.  I've tried disabling my second monitor and booting it up, I've tried reinstalling with only one monitor, I've validated the files.

At best I can see the top half over two monitors.  I can't click anything as I have the Critical Role DLC message (which is already installed) prompting me, so I can't see any menus to try changing the resolution. 

I'm really just not sure what to do, is there a text file I can edit to lower resolution to one screen?

4 answers to this question

Hello all,

Apologies for the issue this is plaguing you all with! We have this issue as one of our top priorities that we are attempting to fix. Please look out for a patch in the near future as we work to get this issue resolved.

Best,

-Caleb

I like big bugs and I cannot lie...

I had the same issue. I tried looking for the settings file, but had no luck.

I managed to fix it by temporarily setting my resolution to the highest possible setting, then starting the game. I somehow managed to close that DLC window after I tried switching to windowed mode with ALT-ENTER. One of the buttons on the left of the screen (still only partially showing on my screen) brought me to the graphics settings. Kind of a clumsy fix though.

• Like 1

Having the same issue. The game starts in 4K even tho I don't have a 4k monitor.

I've followed BucklingSprings suggestion and temporarily changed my display to a 4k res and then I was able to finally get into the game and change it.

• Like 1