I'm new to PoE and looking for some advice/answers to questions regarding the rogue and party play, without getting spoilers on skills/spells/story.
I started playing yesterday (on normal for now) and chose the rogue as my main character. I want a character for high single target DPS with the ability to pick locks, sneak, disarm traps and strike from the shadows. Classical RPG-rogue.
I read through some explanations regarding stats and attributes and I think I understand most of it already. My questions though are:
- Is sneaking to enemies and striking them from the back with bonus damage a thing later on? I managed to do it in the intro, when that fighter girl from the caravan engaged first and I wonder if it's that doable later on as well
- Might or Dex as main attribute for a dagger using stealth melee rogue? Seems like Dex with extreme high attack speed could be super powerful against casters with all the interrupts
I'm planing on playing with a party, as it's my first playthrough. I know there will be some companions to recruit, but I also know that I can "create" my own mercenary guy. Is it possible to set up a group with all self made characters instead of using the predefined people you meet?
If so, I would love to have following party setup and would like to know if it's possible/viable:
Paladin with 2H as an off tank/supporter to bind 1-2 enemies and help the party.
Fighter with 1h+shield as Main Tank with lots of defense and the ability to bind as many enemies as possible.
Classical "Mage" with lots of offensive power and AoE, maybe a summon as well?
"Support Caster" (not sure what class, pls recommend something): Should have some CC, some buffs, some debuffs, maybe summon? Offense/defense doesn't matter.
Priest as Healer/Buffer/Debuffer
My char (Rogue) as pure single target DPS.
- Do I need to focus on all defensive stats or is reflex enough to not get hit by AoE frequently with my rogue as the two tanks should ideally tank everything?
- If my rogue uses daggers, should I focus on axe/mace for my tanks to have more ways to get around enemies DR?
- Is the religion thing on Paladins/Priests important for their skillset or is it more a flavor thing?
Thank's in advance and cheers!