[PS4] Major Spellbind not working

Mangamina

Question

I posted this on the Paradox site too:  

I posted a previous thread about Minor Spellbind, I couldn't find where the spell shows up and eventually found it under the backpack instead of abilities.  Now I've got a REAL problem, whenever I equip an item with a MAJOR Spellbind (in this case it's the sabre The Flames Of Fair Rhian which is supposed to give the Major Spellbind of Fireball), the spell shows up nowhere.  I checked the backpack, abilities, spells, etc.  Am I missing something about how Major Spellbind works or is this a real problem?

Edited by Mangamina

4 answers to this question

Sometimes you need to save, quit the game and reload for those problems to disappear. It sometimes happens that the spellbinds don't show up in the bar after equipping the item.

Finally able to get back to you on this, nothing on the Paradox site (its a paradox), but I had put my MAJOR-spellbound equipment away because they didn't work, when I finally got back to the keep (you see I'm a wayfarer, could be gone for weeks... this is why :dancing: ) and tried it on again, still same problem.   Does the person who dons the equipment need some basic level requirement or spellcasting attribute that Wizards like such as INT or RES or PER (or MIG)?  Either way, I DID save, reboot, reload all that stuff (every which way but loose), rewashed, rinsed, washed, re-rinsed, hand-washed on stone, dried in the wind, etc...  Thanks for your reply Boeroer, probably some PS4 thing.  

UPDATE 02APR18:  I did get the Concelhaut pet with the Concelhaut's Visage Major Spellbind, and that did show up in my main character's backpack.  The aforementioned Sabre and large shield (The Last Tower) however, the spells do not show up anywhere.

Edited by Mangamina

IT WORKED!!!  Thank you Boeroer you were right, I got a major spellbind on some armor that I put on Pallegina, spells didn't show up.  I saved, quit, turned off the PS4, rebooted, reloaded and they showed up.  For some reason when I did it with the shield and sabre the spells didn't show up.   

Hehe - nice. I don't really know what the problem is though. I only experienced that it can help to do this. Maybe it's just a coincidence that it fixes this problem - no idea. You might encounter the same problems with on-hit-effects on weapons (like "10% to trigger xy on hit/crit").

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods